Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
Hyatt.com
US$261
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$105
BestWestern.com
Hotel 340(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$122
US$160
US$150
  • Restaurant
Covington Inn(Saint Paul)
US$221
All reviewsbandana squaretrain stationrepair shopold railwayrailroad tracksunique hotelstate fairinteresting buildingpool sidethe breakfast areahot tubminnesota statetwin citiesfree breakfasteasy accessbeds were comfortablefree shuttle
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We loved the character of this hotel. Do not be afraid to try it!! Loved the trail track rails going through the hotel. The pool is small but most are in the smaller hotels. The room was clean and the employees were very helpful. Keep in mind the bar/lounge is only open until 9. We only had 2 complaints. The pillow were too small but we were told they are getting new ones. Also it would be nice if the shuttle was available on the weekends but we could have gotten a taxi. I would recommend a taxi if anyone is staying here and going downtown to the Excel or River Centre. Check the rates too. I booked 2 weeks in advance and the rates went down a few days before we were to arrive. I called the hotel and walked me through the best way to cancel and get the new rate. Very helpful!! Oh..and could use more fruit for breakfast. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmkz71
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice Hotel, unique, clean, large rooms, nice area to sit out by the pool and visit. Very friendly staff. This is my new St Paul Hotel when I am in the area. Check out was at 11am. Cabs were quick to get there when called. A little bar is open until 10pm. Continental breakfast was amazing, Waffles, cereal, eggs, fruit and yogurt, coffee,juice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DonnagirlMinnesota
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was very disappointed with the Best Western Hotel. The lobby was dirty and had litter on the floor. The pool was not working. The room was hot and stuffy. The water in the shower could not not be regulated so I could only receive extremely hot or cold water. The original large mirror was removed in the bathroom and replaced with an extremely small room, the old brackets were left in the wall. The exterior of the building was old and dungy.

Room Tip: I don't know if any rooms were better than the one I was in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I returned to my room later in the evening and found that it had been serviced so completely that all of my personal items, including food in the fridge were gone. When I went to the front desk I was told there was nothing they could do until the manager arrived at 6:45 the next morning. At 8:00 when the manager, Troy Angerhofer, finally arrived he offered to give me candy in return for my stolen items. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicholas H
welovetrips, General Manager at Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Good Day Nicholas H.

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor and also on best western. I do hope you have received my other communications yesterday but I have not heard back since my last email to you. I did speak to Troy, my housekeeping supervisor, and the maid who cleaned your room about this situation and I am sorry for the mistake. 95% of all guest that stay with us are not local, and most of which carry alot of personal items, clothing, bags etc. Due to our business clientele and leisure guests, i have a policy that if very few items are in the room such as your case just a toothbrush a pizza and some papers and absolutely no cloths anywhere in the room, that room is to be treated as an early check out. I do understand how that can be a problem in your case and I am truly sorry. 99% of the time in situations like yours and with our policy my staff make the correct call and in this case we did not. Troy would have been more then happy to to try and do more for you however, you paid through orbitz and orbitz pays us we could not do more for you at that time.

However if you have read my last email to you will see we are trying to do more then just a candy in return.

Again on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 651-647-1637.

James Gray

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand. Good, Great, Grand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family