“Nice Place”
Review of Palmer House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sauk Centre
Palmer House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sauk Centre
Napa, California
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 15 August 2006

I really liked the atmosphere as I walked into this hotel. Although this is a haunted hotel, I unfortunately didnt come across any ghostly visitors but I was awakened by footsteps in the room above us at 2am - not ghosts.

The only thing I didnt like about the room was that it was stuffy and the A/C kept turning off automatically and only a few tv channels came in. The steps leading up to the rooms were kind of steep. I fell down the steps with my 2 year old and twisted my ankle but overall I would stay here again. I really liked the aura it gave off.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 21 May 2004

My husband and I stayed at this historic hotel many years ago and we were very impressed with the cleanliness and friendly atmosphere. On our way to Alaska this year we will make reservations to stay there again. Loved the historic aspect of the hotel. Great rates too!Hilda & Michael Bass

Reviewed 30 November 2002

Staying at the Palmer House is an EVENT, not just a night's lodging. Very comfortable rooms, and the ambience of the whole place is marvelous. The Pub (bar and restaurant service) is charming and elegant with a small-town feel. The restaurant (also on main floor) has some of the best breakfasts you'll ever eat. The owners and service people will treat you like an honored guest. Enjoy!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2002

I did not stay at this hotel, but did get to tour the rooms during a recent visist, Sept. 2002. It is a beautiful old hotel, built in 1901. The rooms are very nice, some with jacuzzis. Old hotels are jems, consider staying.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 5 in Sauk Centre
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Glenwood
Baymont Inn & Suites Albany
Hampton Inn and Suites Alexandria

Been to Palmer House Hotel? Share your experiences!