“Best egg rolls”

D. Fong's Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Savage
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Healthy
Description: Family owned Chinese Restaurant serving Savage and surrounding area since 1996. The owner, David Fong Jr., carries on the tradition of great food and service started by his parents in Bloomington in 1958 (David Fong's Restaurant). D. Fong's Specializes in cooked to order, Cantonese and Szechuan Cuisine. We even feature a Gluten-Free menu upon request. Catering for office meetings to large company parties available.
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Truly the best egg rolls ever! Never a bad meal. Always fresh, hot and flavorful.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I went there this evening for dinner at about 6:30. There were several tables open and a sign that said " Please wait to be seated". But my husband and I waited 10 mins. A waiter and a waitress looked at us but did not seat us. The girls at the register even ignored us. We walked out. We will never go back. Very poor service and don't even bother going there. No restaurant is worth that. They were not even busy.

David F, Owner at D. Fong's Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Cjslife,
I truly apologize that you had a bad experience at our restaurant. Upon review of our security tapes though, I see that only 1 minute and 35 seconds had elapsed from the time that you entered our business until the time that you exited. (6:32:50 to 6:34:25)

While there is no excuse for me and my staff to at least acknowledge your presence, we were all busy waiting on customers when you arrived. The "waiter" that you saw was actually me helping my waitress serve some drinks. When I saw you two waiting, I returned my tray to the kitchen and immediately went to the waiting area to seat you, only to see that you had just left.

Please know that we take all comments very seriously.

I have reminded my staff that they should immediately greet any newly arriving customer, even if they are busy helping another customer. A simple "Hello, someone will be right with you" would hopefully have helped avoid this unfortunate incident.

Again, I apologize for this mistake and hope that you would consider dining with us in the future.

David Fong, Jr.
Owner

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Love, love, love their food. Sesame chicken is outstanding.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I usually don't like Chinese food, but d fong's is the exception. Everything tastes fresh, not overcooked or soggy like some places. Not overly greasy either. Atmosphere isn't that great but it is in a strip mall an pretty small. Service is outstanding, go there twice and they will know you.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

The owners of D. Fongs have a family member with Celiac disease so they understand gluten free. Their gluten free options are very good!! Great friendly service!!

1  Thank jlsPriorLake_MN