“Nasty!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Nasty!!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed in a jacuzzi suite & it was the nastiest room I have ever been in. The hot tub was slimy and it had MOLD growing in the seams. The beds were itchy--could this be from the recent BED BUG problem, I'm not sure. I didn't itch after we checked out (early), but my skin was red. The staff was extremely rude and not accommodating. The outside appearance of the hotel is old, broken down, and looks abandoned! I would NEVER stay here again, even if the room were free!

And speaking of free, we were supposed to book this room with my Choice Hotels rewards, but the hotel wouldn't let us and Choice Hotels did nothing about it! So not only will I NOT stay at this dirty, disgusting hotel, but I will NEVER STAY AT A CHOICE HOTEL EVER AGAIN! Drive the extra 20 miles, spend the $40 more, and stay in something nicer!!! Please take my advice and STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Do not book a jacuzzi suite--the tubs are slimy!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kaos9911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I got a corporate discount from work which allowed me to enjoy a $15 per night discount. It wasn't worth it! Upon walking into the hotel, it smelled like cigarette smoke in the entrance, in the lobby and in the hallways. Since we were in town for a funeral, we looked for a hotel that was out of the way and maybe not very busy. Unfortunately, the hotel had a number of "weeklies", which are apparently guests who stay there for weeks at a time, so it was very loud and seemed more like a frat house for homeless people. The majority of the stay was okay, but there were a few things that made me say I would never stay there again. 1) There was blood on the bathroom wall and shower curtain. 2) A relative hugged my 8 year old the next day and asked why he smelled like cigarettes and 3) Another guest had their truck broken into (the thief broke out the driver window) while we were there. The accounts that breakfast only goes until 9 AM during the week is correct, something that was very inconvenient for us. The pool was not bad at all, however there never seemed to be a good supply of towels.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MsLottiDi

Travellers are raving about these Savage hotels

Mondamin, Iowa
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I spend 3-4 nights a week in a motel - this is a good one. I was in & out all day - all nice folks at the desk. Good bed, Good price - I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I'm guessing the good reviews about this place were written by Management and staff or perhaps a homeless person that's been on the street for years would think this is nice compared to what they were use to. I stayed here last night. I've been to really nice hotels and hotels that aren't so nice. It's worn and they don't keep it up. Breakfast ends early (9 am), so you better be up or you will miss it! Most places have breakfast at least until 10 am. I woke up this morning to go see if they had some type of breakfast, when I got to the breakfast room and opened the door, there were a couple of women cleaning up, I said "Is this the breakfast room?" one of the workers looked at me like she wanted to start me on fire! She was rude and had a nasty look on her face, the other women in the room seemed frustrated and informed me that breakfast was over, it had ended at 9 am. Just very bad customer service, and one thing you don't do to me if I paid for a stay is treat me bad, because I will NEVER stay at this nasty hotel again. I could see this place having bed bugs, I hope to God I don't have them! It's cheap in price for a reason people!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 282Lisa323
Zimmerman
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I am not sure why the bad reviews, but we had a wonderful time here. The rooms were clean and comfortable, fresh smelling. The hotel staff was super friendly and accomodating“The location was excellent. The price was the cheapest of all the hotels in the vicinity.

I would stay here again, and I would recoomend this hotel to any one. We had a great time!

Room Tip: for the price the Suite was econmial and very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 September 2011

When I walked into my room, I wanted to turn around and leave. The room smelled like old smoke. I had to keep my socks on because the carpet felt slimy. I felt like I needed a bio-hazard suit to sleep in the bed. The blanket looked like something my husband would use in the garage or for the dog. There was hair all over the bed, bathtub and bathroom counter. I couldn't stop itching the next morning. I don't see any bites anywhere, but I still itch!! Really makes me nervous seeing the other review with the bedbugs. The sheets smelled like old smoke and so did the towels, so I have to wonder if they wash them. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. Ish.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank totallyhonest1002
West
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My daughter and I rented 2 rooms for 3 nights last summer.
After the first night, my daughter began complaining of bites on her abdomen and legs.
While in her room I noticed one, then several small insects crawling across one of the beds. We notified the clerk at the front desk, bagged all our luggage and checked out immediately. The next day was spent in urgent care at the local hospital and on the phone with the MN Department of Health. The worst part is we can't management to respond.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank RamblingWest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Days Inn Bloomington West
Days Inn Bloomington West
#40 of 42 in Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!