“Lousy Service.”

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
“Lousy Service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

The room was clean enough (we were in a suite), but the utter ineptitude of the front desk staff was amazing. We checked in at around 7 am (and we'd let them know we'd be late), only to be told to wait at the desk while the clerk put breakfast out (the sign on the door said breakfast began at 6 am, and there wasn't a soul stirring in the place). She then could not figure out how to check me in and I waited another 20 minutes until the day staff arrived to fix the mess. At the end of the stay, I discovered they'd billed my credit card incorrectly as well. Not worth the hassle at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I've come to realize that there is a wide variation in the quality at Quality Inns. Being in the Twin Cities for a business meeting took me to this Quality Inn, primarily driven by the price of $65 per night. The room was small but clean. The bedding was old, and the air conditioning unit's controls did not work. The "fitness center" was a joke, with an old treadmill which did not work and a rickety stationary bike that was wobbly. If all you want is a place to sleep and go at a cheap price, this place will get you by. Beyond that, keep looking!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Savage hotels

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Every review that I read was the truth except for the ones that said it was a nice place to stay.Walking down the first floor hallway it smelt like smoke and mildew I was like what the heck I thought this was a non smoking hotel. When entering the room the floor was sticky and smelt like dog urine.GROSS. I would not let my kids swim in the swimming pool because the pool was green. when trying to relax on the uncomfortable beds out of the corner of my eye I noticed a bug crawl up the wall, the rooms smelt so bad my husband had to sprinkle coffee grounds on the a/c vent helped a little not much so we left for a while when we returned there was a man out side claiming to work for the FBI, the next thing we knew five squad cars came and arrested him. so we went back to our room and I strongly considered wearing bug spray to bed. This is the worst hotel I have every stayed at please take my advice and do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank snckms
Boise
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Not sure what I can say that has not already been said. This place is a nightmare to stay in and makes my skin crawl even now just thinking about it. Will certainly be looking for a new place to stay when I go back to town on business.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RidingIndian
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I booked this hotel by accident. I will be VERY careful when booking in the Twin Cities in the future. The parking is horrific. The place reeks of smoke and mildew. The Internet service is down. The floors are so nasty I don't want to take my shoes off. I can see stains on the mattress pad through the sheets. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed June 2012
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We will take reviews seriously next time, before we ever book again. We could see the TV through the sheets, even read the words. Bed ruffles was stained. I thought someone was walking in our room at 2:00 in the morning, but the walls are so thin you could hear conversations in the next room. Could not tell whose shower was going, ours or the next room. The bed frame was broke, so the bed sqeaked. There were no bed bugs, that was good!!! Just a very old hotel that needs a lot of TLC, and a GOOD cleaning. My husband said, "I'm too kind!"
The gal at the desk, was very nice. If you do go here, make sure you go to Buffalo Tap bar/restaurant.

Room Tip: I can't imagine, that there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

there were several issues with this place that I want to point out to any would be stayer. I thought the weekly rate was reasonable, but the room had some issues. The carpet felt like there was a build up of several years of soap in the carpet from an inefficient carpet cleaner. There was a residue in the carpet that gave me the willies when I walked barefoot on it. The fawcett in the bathroom was broken, only hot water came out, and my daughter almost scalded herself on it. There was not an outlet readily handy at the writing desk for my work laptop, so I had to run it behind the refrigerator and then all the outlets were used up so I had to unplug some items to make it work. It was quiet for the most part. I had my do not disturb sign up, but regardless of that housekeeping would knock. I had to ask for a change of towels and when I did, I was given a scrutinizing look, like maybe they were accusing me of wanting to steal their plain, scratchy white industrial towels. One guest apparently was on drugs and was asked to leave, when he did he came back and started vandalizing the property. The police came out for that. Front desk agent was rude to me once refusing to give extra coffee, as if one coffee set was enough for a week.

The breakfast: It's nice they offer such a big selection, from a waffle maker to cereal to biscuits and gravy. The hard boiled eggs were raw on the inside, so I would recommend avoiding those. God forbid you get salmonilla. The washer and dryer (there are only one each) it would be nice if there were more, they are priced very reasonably. $1.25 to wash, $1.00 to dry. Dry's are very short though, and I usually had to do $2 to properly dry my clothes. Other then that, $33 a night (for the weekly rate) is a pretty stellar deal for free breakfast, sheets that were clean and sleepable, and a semi-quiet room. If you're looking for a luxury getaway or if you're staying for a while, though, this is not the place for you.

Too much chlorine in the pool, but I guess that's better then not enough.

Room Tip: I had a corner room and it was somewhat quiet. I work nights, so it was hard to sleep during the da...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HonestGirlReview
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#5 of 9 in Burnsville
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!