“Trains, construction and rude staff!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Edgeley
“Trains, construction and rude staff!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This hotel should not be apart of Choice Privileges! The room was small, cigarette burns in the sheets, the door lock was broken, toilet didn't flush, the front desk staff was rude, the breakfast area was dirty and not stocked well. To top things off, the front desk charged the wrong card (reserved the room on one card and asked them to charge another card when we checked out). The parking spaces are small and few. Especially when there is vehicles that look like they have been parked there for years, full of junk. The hotel is close to the train tracks and you hear them all night long if you get a room facing the street. Also, major street construction makes it hard to even get to the hotel. I read previous reviews and figured that it would do for an overnite stop after the Titans-Vikings game. I wish that I would have looked more. Please, this hotel needs major work to be up to Choice Hotels expectations!! Keep looking and don't stay here. I regret it.

Room Tip: Away from the street, if there is a good room at all.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Glidden, Iowa, USA
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have never had a bad stay with Choice Privileges before but this hotel puts it to shame. First off the GPS couldn't find the place, the guy on the phone directed us the wrong direction and then when we got there no one was there to check us or the two families ahead ouf us in. Once checked in, no one picked up the phone at front desk, so went back down and they guy was out having a smoke. Pool was FREEZING! Nice whirlpool. Once settled in for the night and found old blood on the bathroom floor! OSHA would have a hey day!! Beds sagged to middle and air on high didn't keep it cool enough. (it was 20º outside). Breakfast-Biscuits were hard, gravy was awful otherwise it was fine.Never again!! We are trying priceline next time!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Savage hotels

Quincy, IL
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Air conditioner didn't work in my room or another guest's room that I was traveling with. Could hear water running loudly when other guests in different rooms were using their shower. Could hear conversations in next room (thin walls, no insulation). Bathroom had water damage. No fan in the bathroom, so I would guess mold was hiding out somewhere in there. Maintenance brought a fridge up since our room didn't have one and didn't bother to knock before entering with it. Hot tub took two hours to fill...joke to use. Bed was lumpy and uncomftorable. Breakfast was good. Didn't swim. Situated next to the train tracks so expect to hear the train in the middle of the night. Didn't see any bugs. Wifi was fine. Customer service was good what little I dealt with them. This hotel needs a remodel and cleaning...keep driving.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I wish I'd started using Tripadvisor before I booked this place. Our usual place in Bloomington was booked and we wanted a hot tub pet-friendly room not too far from the Twin Cities. The place looked decent on the website but that's about where the niceness ended.

Pulling into the hotel parking lot, my wife and I both had the same impression: is this the right place? The exterior looked dated and a bit dirty, to be honest. I've read many of the other reviews about poor service but surprisingly, our front desk representatives were quite helpful. We didn't ask for a whole lot, however. Check-in was uneventful.

Shortly after check-in, we found our hot tub didn't work. There was a sign on the tub apologizing for the inconvenience. I booked online and didn't expect any issues as I've never had any with Choicehotels.com in the past. This was a first and I haven't had any similar issues since.

We called the front desk, who promptly sent over a maintenance man. His response was something to the effect of "your tub's broken". Captain Obvious also told us that a part was on order. When we asked how long it would be, he said two weeks. My wife called the front desk and we at least had the rate reduced to a non-hot tub room rate.

As others have stated, the security door was non-functional and the linens were downright scary. We promptly checked out the next day and ended up staying somewhere else for the next two days. This was one of two Quality Inns we've stayed at. Our local hotel in Sheboygan, WI is actually pretty nice, but it started out as Comfort Suites (just recently changed maybe a year ago). If this is the caliber of hotels that Quality Inn tolerates, I'll be spending my cash elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Belleville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked this room before i had read the online reviews, after reading the reviews i was a little scared of what i might discover when my family visited this hotel in August. I had troubles from the start with the staff. I called the hotel twice a few days before my reservation to confirm and find out some information before i arrived, i was told to call back because the front desk was really busy. I called again to cancel a double reservation that i booked and the front desk agent said i will put it in for you and then hung up on me, i call back and said i think we were disconnected i was trtying to cancel my reservation, the fda agent replied no i hung up on you cause im really busy trying to start breakfast. The situation could have been handled differently i only found a a few staff members that were nice. The rooms were actually comfortable i had no problems, hotel appearence was nice, breakfast was good. The only other problem i had was the pool was really cloudy and had some sort of thick film over the top so i didnt let the kids swim. I really do think that if the hotel staff was trained a little better and had better costomer service skills this place would be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The room was clean enough (we were in a suite), but the utter ineptitude of the front desk staff was amazing. We checked in at around 7 am (and we'd let them know we'd be late), only to be told to wait at the desk while the clerk put breakfast out (the sign on the door said breakfast began at 6 am, and there wasn't a soul stirring in the place). She then could not figure out how to check me in and I waited another 20 minutes until the day staff arrived to fix the mess. At the end of the stay, I discovered they'd billed my credit card incorrectly as well. Not worth the hassle at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I've come to realize that there is a wide variation in the quality at Quality Inns. Being in the Twin Cities for a business meeting took me to this Quality Inn, primarily driven by the price of $65 per night. The room was small but clean. The bedding was old, and the air conditioning unit's controls did not work. The "fitness center" was a joke, with an old treadmill which did not work and a rickety stationary bike that was wobbly. If all you want is a place to sleep and go at a cheap price, this place will get you by. Beyond that, keep looking!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Days Inn Bloomington West
Days Inn Bloomington West
#40 of 42 in Bloomington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!