“Stinks of Cigarettes”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The place smells of cigarettes. When I checked in at 3pm the two ladies at the desk were more interested in their phones and almost acted like I was bothering them. I should have walked out of there but I didnt have time to deal with going elsewhere. It really is a nasty hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry36270

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This place is a joke.people actually live here put up with a lot of bs! Carpets dirty as hell,air conditioner or heat doesn't work in most of the rooms! ( that's per conversation from other guest ).This place should be inspected by the state and health department and everything else in the regulation books.

Room Tip: Shut this place down
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Made a complaint about the staff being drunk. Was told I was no longer welcome there. GM is abusive to staff and guests. And your room is about 100 feet from trains that run all night. good luck with this one.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This hotel should not be apart of Choice Privileges! The room was small, cigarette burns in the sheets, the door lock was broken, toilet didn't flush, the front desk staff was rude, the breakfast area was dirty and not stocked well. To top things off, the front desk charged the wrong card (reserved the room on one card and asked them to charge another card when we checked out). The parking spaces are small and few. Especially when there is vehicles that look like they have been parked there for years, full of junk. The hotel is close to the train tracks and you hear them all night long if you get a room facing the street. Also, major street construction makes it hard to even get to the hotel. I read previous reviews and figured that it would do for an overnite stop after the Titans-Vikings game. I wish that I would have looked more. Please, this hotel needs major work to be up to Choice Hotels expectations!! Keep looking and don't stay here. I regret it.

Room Tip: Away from the street, if there is a good room at all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have never had a bad stay with Choice Privileges before but this hotel puts it to shame. First off the GPS couldn't find the place, the guy on the phone directed us the wrong direction and then when we got there no one was there to check us or the two families ahead ouf us in. Once checked in, no one picked up the phone at front desk, so went back down and they guy was out having a smoke. Pool was FREEZING! Nice whirlpool. Once settled in for the night and found old blood on the bathroom floor! OSHA would have a hey day!! Beds sagged to middle and air on high didn't keep it cool enough. (it was 20º outside). Breakfast-Biscuits were hard, gravy was awful otherwise it was fine.Never again!! We are trying priceline next time!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Air conditioner didn't work in my room or another guest's room that I was traveling with. Could hear water running loudly when other guests in different rooms were using their shower. Could hear conversations in next room (thin walls, no insulation). Bathroom had water damage. No fan in the bathroom, so I would guess mold was hiding out somewhere in there. Maintenance brought a fridge up since our room didn't have one and didn't bother to knock before entering with it. Hot tub took two hours to fill...joke to use. Bed was lumpy and uncomftorable. Breakfast was good. Didn't swim. Situated next to the train tracks so expect to hear the train in the middle of the night. Didn't see any bugs. Wifi was fine. Customer service was good what little I dealt with them. This hotel needs a remodel and cleaning...keep driving.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I wish I'd started using Tripadvisor before I booked this place. Our usual place in Bloomington was booked and we wanted a hot tub pet-friendly room not too far from the Twin Cities. The place looked decent on the website but that's about where the niceness ended.

Pulling into the hotel parking lot, my wife and I both had the same impression: is this the right place? The exterior looked dated and a bit dirty, to be honest. I've read many of the other reviews about poor service but surprisingly, our front desk representatives were quite helpful. We didn't ask for a whole lot, however. Check-in was uneventful.

Shortly after check-in, we found our hot tub didn't work. There was a sign on the tub apologizing for the inconvenience. I booked online and didn't expect any issues as I've never had any with Choicehotels.com in the past. This was a first and I haven't had any similar issues since.

We called the front desk, who promptly sent over a maintenance man. His response was something to the effect of "your tub's broken". Captain Obvious also told us that a part was on order. When we asked how long it would be, he said two weeks. My wife called the front desk and we at least had the rate reduced to a non-hot tub room rate.

As others have stated, the security door was non-functional and the linens were downright scary. We promptly checked out the next day and ended up staying somewhere else for the next two days. This was one of two Quality Inns we've stayed at. Our local hotel in Sheboygan, WI is actually pretty nice, but it started out as Comfort Suites (just recently changed maybe a year ago). If this is the caliber of hotels that Quality Inn tolerates, I'll be spending my cash elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
#2 of 12 in Shakopee
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#13 of 16 in Eagan

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!