“Wonderful rustic cabin on Superior”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lamb's Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schroeder
Lamb's Resort
Walker, Minnesota
“Wonderful rustic cabin on Superior”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Lambs resort is a little treasure on the North Shore. We found this while travelling along the beach one day--small red cabins facing the lake. The site itself is large, with a huge campground. We stayed off season, before it gets really busy with campers. Friendly welcoming owners, beautiful site. Great trails along the lake and next to the Cross River gorge. Good location about mid-way up the shore. These log cabins are nothing fancy...just the basics, a welcome flashback to the rustic cabins of my youth. Warm, cozy, absolutely northwoods. Some may like the huge fancy condos on the Shore, I'll take this little place any day!
Thanks Lamb's for a great escape! Loved it!

Room Tip: Cabins are located along the lakeshore and next to the roaring Cross River. I loved the lake view...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
forest lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have been going to lambs to camp for several years now. And now our children and there children come along too. We have gone from needing 1 site each June to now needing 3. It is the only campground on the North shore where you can camp right on the edge of the water and listen to the waves crashing all night! Its beautiul there! We have always been treated very nice and hopefully will be able to continue going back for many years! Thanks Lambs!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Excelsior
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at Lambs resort twice a year for 12 years. We have tented, campered, and most recently used their cabin. We always have an amazing time. The campsites directly in the Lake Superior Shore are fantastic. Always great friendly service. Close proximity to many great hikes full of berries and great nature!!

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Great location. Paul was very polite and helpful to us. It isn't the Ritz, but that isn't what we were looking for, no phone, no internet, no TV suited us just fine. A rustic turn back to what cabin camping used to be. The shower was hot and had plenty of pressure, the location was wonderful (cabin 4 by the river) and we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank pintail64
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I completely agree with the posts about rude paul. Last year was our first vist to the resort. Upon arrival the way the campsite was layed out my electrical chord wouldn't reach the box. I went up and nicely asked paul if there was a extension chord I could use until the following day because my dad was on his way up to camp next to us. paul snobishly replied that I could drive up to the gas station and purchase one there. Admittedly, I was unprepared and they're not in the business of loaning out equipment, but how about being a little more respectful to your sourse of income. The pet fee is [--] as well. It seems the only job he has is collecting peoples $. BE NICE.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Shawn M
Otsego, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

My family and I have been visiting Lambs for 14 years. We always get 3 separate campsite and always the same sites always the same dates. The manager of this establishment (Paul) was always extremely rude. I don't think I ever have seen him smile. Last year when we went to check out and book our next years visit the person behind the desk told us he could not make reservations and only Paul could do it. So when we called back he was not there and again not there. Finally we got a hold of him and he revealed that there was no way he could fit us in. After 14 years we will not be visiting lambs and he scoffed at us and told us there was no possible way we could stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Jeanetterodgers
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We camped here in a travel trailer. This campground does sit on a beautiful shoreline that was fantastic for the kids to climb and explore. Many say their campsite was great, and there did look to be good spots, however we were stuck in an area (2 spots) that was less than scenic. The bath house is a long walk from most campsites and it is not an exaggeration to say it needs burnt to the ground and rebuilt. I'm so thankful we were only here one night. My #1 complaint was the rudeness of staff and their dog policy. I was not notified before we arrived that they charge PER dog, PER night extra!!! I questioned why they had such a policy and was given a very rude response. She told us we must be new to the camping scene if we had never been charged for our dogs before. No actually we've camped extensively for 5 years and traveled to multiple states and never once have I been charged extra for my dogs. She tried to tell us this was common on the North Shore and she tried to scare us by saying they were the only campground that even accepted dogs, so we would not be able to stay anywhere else with them.

We checked into Grand Marias Campground the next night and the gals at the front desk had a big laugh about what this lady told us. Dogs welcome, no charge! Spent the rest of our stay there and really wished we hadn't wasted a night at Lamb's.

Lamb's is a picturesque setting. And the pizza up on the road is delicious. We wouldn't stay here again due to dog policy, rudeness and the fact that we really loved Grand Marias much much more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Pam B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schroeder
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior
Surfside on Lake Superior
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Silver Bay
Superior Ridge Resort Motel
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior

Been to Lamb's Resort? Share your experiences!