“Pretty view, crappy service”
Review of Lamb's Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schroeder
Lamb's Resort
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was our first time camping at Lamb's resort. I had stayed at a cabin years ago, but this was our first time camping in a tent. We had a lakeside campsite. It had spectacular views, though not much privacy. When I camp I like privacy and the sites are very close together. It seems like a family friendly resort (good for people with kids). We are a couple with no kids, so it was at times like being at the zoo, not very relaxing at all. Probably not the best place for people looking to relax and listen to the sounds of nature. I disagree with the post about the showers/bathrooms needing to be burned down. I thought the shower area was good for camping. I never had problems with getting a hot shower. I stay at state parks with showers and would say that this shower facility was compareable to those. I shower at night and never had an issue with getting into a shower and they were always clean, although I worried I would since there was only 2 showers for each gender. I agree with the comments about Paul. We were looking for places to fish and called the main lodge and spoke with him and he was short, rude and condecending enough so that we aren't going back to the resort. It was really uncalled for. We just asked for places to fish. I bought wood from them and it was REALLY wet. Not a big deal, I just bought wood from up the road. Location wise, it's a good location on the northshore. To get to the campsite it was park on to of the hill and a steep hike down the hill. A little scary if you aren't used to doing something like that.

It's a nice place if you have kids I would guess, but not really how I persoanlly like to camp. Paul is rude, avoid him if you can, but the ladies that checked me in and spoke to me over the phone were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ms W

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Lambs resort is a little treasure on the North Shore. We found this while travelling along the beach one day--small red cabins facing the lake. The site itself is large, with a huge campground. We stayed off season, before it gets really busy with campers. Friendly welcoming owners, beautiful site. Great trails along the lake and next to the Cross River gorge. Good location about mid-way up the shore. These log cabins are nothing fancy...just the basics, a welcome flashback to the rustic cabins of my youth. Warm, cozy, absolutely northwoods. Some may like the huge fancy condos on the Shore, I'll take this little place any day!
Thanks Lamb's for a great escape! Loved it!

Room Tip: Cabins are located along the lakeshore and next to the roaring Cross River. I loved the lake view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have been going to lambs to camp for several years now. And now our children and there children come along too. We have gone from needing 1 site each June to now needing 3. It is the only campground on the North shore where you can camp right on the edge of the water and listen to the waves crashing all night! Its beautiul there! We have always been treated very nice and hopefully will be able to continue going back for many years! Thanks Lambs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at Lambs resort twice a year for 12 years. We have tented, campered, and most recently used their cabin. We always have an amazing time. The campsites directly in the Lake Superior Shore are fantastic. Always great friendly service. Close proximity to many great hikes full of berries and great nature!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Great location. Paul was very polite and helpful to us. It isn't the Ritz, but that isn't what we were looking for, no phone, no internet, no TV suited us just fine. A rustic turn back to what cabin camping used to be. The shower was hot and had plenty of pressure, the location was wonderful (cabin 4 by the river) and we had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank pintail64
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I completely agree with the posts about rude paul. Last year was our first vist to the resort. Upon arrival the way the campsite was layed out my electrical chord wouldn't reach the box. I went up and nicely asked paul if there was a extension chord I could use until the following day because my dad was on his way up to camp next to us. paul snobishly replied that I could drive up to the gas station and purchase one there. Admittedly, I was unprepared and they're not in the business of loaning out equipment, but how about being a little more respectful to your sourse of income. The pet fee is [--] as well. It seems the only job he has is collecting peoples $. BE NICE.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My family and I have been visiting Lambs for 14 years. We always get 3 separate campsite and always the same sites always the same dates. The manager of this establishment (Paul) was always extremely rude. I don't think I ever have seen him smile. Last year when we went to check out and book our next years visit the person behind the desk told us he could not make reservations and only Paul could do it. So when we called back he was not there and again not there. Finally we got a hold of him and he revealed that there was no way he could fit us in. After 14 years we will not be visiting lambs and he scoffed at us and told us there was no possible way we could stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jeanetterodgers

Been to Lamb's Resort? Share your experiences!