“Shakopee Hampton”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
“Shakopee Hampton”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very clean room and comfortable bed. Amenities are excellent (Internet, microwave in room, etc.). By the end of the day, coffee in the lobby dispensers have become luke warm. Another shortcoming (if you are in a hurry) is that the only elevator is slow. Often it was faster to just walk down the stairs than wait for the elevator.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeff_GM_Hampton_Inn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear sreevatsalann,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities that were included. I apologize that the coffee became lukewarm, we have a system where we make fresh coffee on a regular basis and apparently that did not happen on that day. We are looking into the possibility of adding another elevator to reduce time waiting for an elevator when the hotel is busy. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Good comfortable place to rest between tournament games at nearby school. The rooms were very clean and comfortable -- no noise. Good breakfast and the staff were competent and very pleasant. We ate at a restaurant close by and the hotel was convenient to anything you might need.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello David from Minneapolis,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am so pleased to hear how well you liked our hotel. I hope your team did well in their tournament and we hope to see you back next year. :)
Rockwall, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hampton has been a great Hotel to stay in on every one of my business trips! I have stayed at several locations and each location has been a great place to stay. I would return and stay at each and every location again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hello Cayce from Rockwall,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad to hear how loyal you are to our brand, hopefully you are a member of the HiltonHonors program and are earning points for all your stays. If you are not a member, please inquire. We look forward to hearing from you the next time you are in Shakopee.
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Overall this hotel is right as you would expect for a Hampton Inn so you really will not find anything out of place.

My only grip and this is not uncommon in many hotels is the work desk in the rooms. I'm 5'10 and even with the provided office chair at full height, with one pillow on the seat, I still find it's too low. After trying to work at the desk for a couple of house my shoulders are hunched up and tight from the laptop being under my chin...

If you were shorter, this would be a very uncomfortable working position. I wish hotels would give much more consideration to how people worked while on the road and put real office furniture in the rooms so that the chair and desk relate to each other.

Next door is a Ruby Tuesday's so you can get a drink and a good meal without driving. Subway is also within walking distance and there are a number of other shops close by.

Overall this hotel rates as one I would be very happy to stay at again, nothing exceptional, just the normal Hampton with good staff, comfortable rooms, (could do with more TV channels), solid internet, quiet, well located.

I stayed here as I attending a conference at the nearby Mystic Lake Casino and I would prefer not to stay at the casino. Based on comments from people that stayed at the casino, it was the right choice! This is a non smoking hotel, the casino is not.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi pxtaylor from Oregon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear that your stay was satisfying and that you would stay with us again. We pride ourselves on a job well done so its good to hear the reassurances. :) We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.
Houston, MN, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn. Room and beds were comfortable. Internet and TV were good. Fitness Center was very nice with the treadmills and TVs. The Complimentary Breakfast was superb and different each of the two days we were there. The staff was very helpful especially the maid service. The pool may have had a bit much clorine but that is typical of many hotel pools.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Paul from Houston,
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our facilities. Our maintenance man does check the levels of chlorine in the pool, but I will have him double check to make sure all is well. We look forward to hearing from you the next time you are in town. :)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was very easy to find - convenient to the highway. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice lobby with complimentary coffee and pink lemonade in the lobby - very nice touch. Check-in was quick. I wish the size of the pool area was bigger and had a jucuzzi. Given we had no children and there were plenty in the pool, was not the place for us to hang out. The rooms were very clean, as was the entire hotel. Love the carpeting in the hallway and room. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom counter was beautiful (wish this was mine @ home). The complimentary breakfast was very good. All in all, it was a good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff_GM_Hampton_Inn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi Kelly1963,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here. We are glad enjoyed all of the little things we provided to make your stay wonderful. I do apologize though that we do not have a whirlpool and that the pool was busy. We appreciate you you choose to stay with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I travel three nights a week and its pretty obvious which hotel locations have great customer satisfaction goals and supporting staff, and the Shakopee,MN Hampton is at the top of the list. Stacey and staff @ Hampton/Shakopee over achieved my expectations - won't go into details but I left an item behind in my room and Stacey and staff did all the right things to correct my mistake. Thanks again - see you next trip to Minneapolis area. Something else I haven't seen before - were the 'clean' type remotes in the room for the tv - great idea!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hi Jacques J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Stacey was delighted to see that you had mentioned her in your review. We all strive here to give the best service possible and it does make someone's day when they are mentioned for their actions. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!