“Excellent Stay”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 4 1/2 year old niece and had a wonderful time. She loved the pool and the waffles at breakfast. We enjoyed the pool and breakfast and how easy it was to get to nearby attractions. It was less than 30 minutes to the Mall of America, Como Zoo and had several nice parks nearby as well as some good restaurants. Staff was extremely helpful and the hotel was clean and quiet. The pool was nice but the shallow end was a bit deep for kids (3.5 ft deep).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi Catherine F from Des Moines,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am very pleased to hear how well you liked our hotel. We are in a great location, close enough to attractions without being right in the thick of things. We hope to see you the next time you are in Shakopee. :)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ended up staying at this hotel unintentionally while on a recent business trip - but I'm glad I did. I was unable to find a hotel in the locations I preferred due to the AllStar game but I ran across this hotel by luck. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating - especially after a long day of flight delays and arriving at the hotel at 1am. The lobby was modern and new and the rooms were very clean and nice as well. Overall a fantastic experience and to top it off, the hotel was closer to my meeting location than I originally thought - so I'll definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi EventGuy78,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. I am sorry to hear you had such a bad day but am very happy to hear that we made it better. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town. :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I love Hampton Inn. I love the free breakfast, the staff is friendly and there is free internet. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The area's quiet. There's a Ruby Tuesday next door, Subway within walking distance and a CVS pharmacy nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Remona from Shakopee,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear how well you liked our hotel. I hope you are well and that we will see you again soon! :)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was average and the bed was hard. Everything you expect from a hotel. Nothing spectacular, but certainly not bad. I would stay there again knowing that I could get a good clean room at a good rate and a good night sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello John from West Valley City,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you didn't have any complaints, however, I am sad that you weren't wowed by our hotel and staff. I am glad to hear that you will return to our property and hope that the next time you are here the staff lets their "Hamptonality" shine. :)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very pleased with how quiet the rooms are...no outside noise infiltration. Hotel is extremely clean and staff was excellent. Close to shopping, restaurants, race track, amusement park. Will definitely stay again.

1  Thank Richard P

Hi Richard from Petersburg,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am so pleased to hear how well you liked our staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Shakopee. :)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and thought it was really a nice place to stay. The check-in process was quick. The room was very clean (but very cold when we came in as the thermostat was set at 67.5 - but we reset to a warmer temp - this is summer, but 67 was a bit cool for us). The breakfast was extremely good and plenty of it and started early enough for us to partake before leaving. The hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful. We'll stay here again when we are in the Twin Cities area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello Judy C,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It feels good to know that our hotel and employees are meeting guest standards in a timely and courteous fashion. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town. :)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nice clean location. Hampton always provides that. Room, workout facilities were nice. However, breakfast was out of fruit very early. At check out it seemed I was troubling the front desk clerk by checking out and asking for a receipt. She clearly had someting more important to do. Staff at night was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jeff_GM_Hampton_Inn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear eatout1962,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize that we ran out of fruit for breakfast. I am very sorry about the way the front desk clerk made you feel. I would appreciate it if you could contact me so I could know who that was who helped you. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of our amenities that our hotel provides. Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn of Shakopee for your lodging needs and we look forward to better serving you at your next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
AmericInn Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
#2 of 4 in Chanhassen

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!