Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I planned our family vacation to Minneapolis to enjoy a Twins game, Valleyfair and many other fun things to do in the cities. We searched for hotels that could hold our five member family: two 12 year old boys and a 9 year old boy. My boys are not big but they are not small fries either. Country Inn and Suites popped up as a hotel that could house all of us in one.
We wanted to check in to get our keys, because we knew we would be late from the game. We didn't see the room, but didn't think anything of it. When we got to the hotel around 11:30pm, I was shocked to see two very small queen size beds. These beds would never have handled my three boys for one night let alone three. I went downstairs to the lobby, and the receptionist took her time talking to someone other than a customer on the phone. I told her I wasn't happy about the room, and wanted a roll away (which she said I would have to pay another $7.00 - not happy) I told her to find me a roll away, and asked what time the manager would be in the next day. She said she would bring up the roll away. Forty five minutes later, my husband went down to the lobby (again receptionist taking a personal call) asked when we would get our roll away. She told him, she would look now, because she had forgotten. She never called to tell us there wasn't a rollaway, I had to go to the lobby yet again. I told her I wanted more blankets and pillows, because one of us would be sleeping on the floor. She gave me the blankets and said she would bring up the pillows as well as a copy of my receipt, because I wanted to make sure what I had, and what they had matched. Not kidding, thirty five minutes later she brought up the pillows, and said she would come back with my receipt.......never came back. I went to bed at 1:30am on the floor, because my boys and husband had already fallen asleep.
The next day there was no rollaway available. Instead of making anyone sleep on the hotel room floor, I ended up running to Target and buying an inflatable mattress. We did get a rollaway on our last night......yeah! No refund was given, nothing......it's unfortunate, because the hotel was clean and the breakfast was great. We will never stay there again!
My recommendation, if you have more than two children find a better or more accommodating hotel, because this is not the place for your family.

Room Tip: More than four in your family......chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CIS-Shakopee, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Country Inn and Suites Shakopee, MN. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

As evident in several comments on Tripadvisor, we take great pride in Guest Service and Customer Satisfaction and most of our guests are extremely happy with our product offerings and guest services.

Although it is our goal to meet the needs and expectations of each and every guest we serve, we realize that a few of our guests may not be completely vowed. In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that we may have fallen a bit short from that goal during your stay with us.

I concur with you, our hotel can accommodate a family of five or more. However, this is only possible in our 2 rooms’ suites. I wish you had checked your room first before you went to the game or called us in advance to verify that the room that you booked would be big enough to accommodate your family. This simple step could have prevented the disappointment at night when you returned from the game.

Please be assured, that I have addressed your comments and spoke to that individual concerning your experiences with us.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our granddaughter's wedding was in Lakeville with the reception in Shakopee - we had several suites & rooms for quite a few days ... the hotel was perfect - location, rooms, bridal suite & close to shopping! We had great rates & housekeeping stocked our two family suites with plenty of towels & supplies for all the clothes changing for the bridal party!

Yes, Internet was a bit flaky but everything else was more than perfect - beds were good & we all had plenty of space! The manager, Maggie, was so helpful in placing our rooms near each other & making sure the bridal suite was away from everyone (with flowers & chocolates) ....

It was a great stay! Thanks to the entire staff for helping us with everything!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are closer to the pool but the hotel has a nice size elevator & we had many dr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

At The Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all of our guests and it is therefore extremely gratifying to receive your feedback.

I agree, we have the best location, cleanest rooms and extremely friendly and professional team members. Please accept my most sincere thanks for the time you have taken to write about your experiences. We are delighted to see that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Our team works very hard to make each guest stay a special one. It is truly what sets us apart from all of the other choices you have. As a General Manager, I could not have asked for a better team. I will be sure to share your recent experience and thank them for all of their efforts.

The team and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was clean and well prepped. The staff was courteous and helpful. The beds were clean, comfortable, and warm. All in all, this was everything a traveler could want after a long day of driving.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CIS-Shakopee, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

The entire team at Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN would like to thank you for your comments. Our goal is to provide a full-service experience with an emphasis on providing excellent guest service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

We are very pleased and grateful for such a positive feedback surrounding our services and great amenities that our hotel offers. Each comment is very important to us and helpful in improving our services.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

To start they have fewer staff considering they were fully booked.Also basic facilities like internet were flaky.I had a connection problem in my room and contacted their 3rd party helpline.What they informed me was that they could not do much and maybe increase my overall speed.
The issue is that they do not have enough hardware in place to ensure strong wifi connectivity.

Hence I had to camp in the lobby to get anything done.During my time there many people complained about connectivity issues but there was no staff to handle it after 8pm.

Apart from the internet issue there was no one manning the front desk when I wanted to check out in the morning.I waited 10-15 mins and found no one nearby.Had to just leave with the key on the desk.

Room Tip: Corner room are the worst in terms of wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tourer101
CIS-Shakopee, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our goal at Country Inn and Suites Shakopee is to provide a full-service experience with an emphasis on providing excellent service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that we may have fallen a bit short from that goal during your stay with us. Please know that I have addressed your comments with each individual department concerning your experiences with us.

Our associates are always willing and ready to assist in any need that you may have. I am sorry that you did not call the front desk or even myself during your stay.. Our property operations team would have immediately addressed your WiFi- internet connectivity concerns.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Maggie Shannon

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel was conveniently located by restaurants and event attending. Staff were very helpful. The pool was small but adequate to splash around in. Pool area could use a few more chairs for parents and a better supply of towels. Room furnishings are not new looking but adequate. Bed was comfortable, and both children and parents had a good night of sleep. Free breakfast that was stocked until the end of serving time was great, and there were multiple breakfast items to choose from-some good (sausage and waffles) and some not (eggs). Only bad things were free internet didn't work in our room but did in the hall/lobby/breakfast area, and sheets were ripped on one of the beds. Also, the cost of the room was a bit high for the value. I would stay here again if needed to be in the Shakopee area but only if there was a possibility the room would need to be cancelled as other comparable hotels 15 minutes away, with more rigid cancellation policies, had cheaper rooms.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms closer to the lobby get a better internet signal
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I spent 4 nights here and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Very clean facility and housekeeping did a very good job. The breakfast was very good with waffles every morning, a variety of doughnuts, bagels, and muffins plus either biscuits and gravy or scrambled eggs and link sausage. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rich T
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean, but a little rundown. It is in a convenient location. Would stay there again if we were in the area, but don't expect a lot of luxuries. It is a pretty straightforward place to sleep with a free breakfast included. There is a fridge and microwave in the room which is nice though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chanhassen, MN
AmericInn Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
#2 of 4 in Chanhassen

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, MN? Share your experiences!