“Excellent place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Tucson, United States
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was one of the most pleasant I have had at a hotel, and I have been traveling for many years. I have also stayed in many different hotels and I have never had a bad experience with Country Inn & Suites

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank Dwight F
CIS-Shakopee, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for this spectacular review. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and provided you with an amazing experience Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN. It was indeed a pleasure to read your comments and I would very much like to thank you, for the time you have taken to offer your feedback. It is only with such feedback that we can endeavor to maintain and improve the service and hospitality we offer to all of our guests, as we move forward.

I hope you had a chance to enjoy our hot breakfast. We have received several compliments on “Be Our Guest” breakfast that offers many HEALTHY options and it is designed to satisfy every guest we serve. Our healthy breakfast includes fresh baked waffles, cheese omelet, fresh fruit, pastries, variety of oatmeal with different flavors, cereals, yogurt, white & wheat toast and much more…

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and we hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Maggie Shannon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sergeant Bluff, IA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

All staff encountered were professional and friendly. The property was very well maintained. Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Motel location was ideal with proximity to freeway as well as to several area restaurants and other local attractions. Breakfast was solid with many options including hot entrees.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for your compliments. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our pride has been that we strive to go beyond our guest's expectations. We are fortunate and are also very proud of our associates, their friendliness and professionalism.

I have shared your kind words with the entire Country Inn and Suites Shakopee, MN team and I am sure you would agree that such feedback enables us to encourage each and every associate to always ‘go that extra mile’ in order to ensure that all guests enjoy the true ‘Country Inn’s Be Our Guest and Yes I can ” experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Shakopee soon and we hope you’ll stay with us at the Country Inn and Suites again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this place for our visit to Valley Fair. Nice place and quiet. Continental breakfast is just that. Wifi was weak in our room, although very good in lounge and breakfast area. Room was clean. Air conditioner turned down to 60 so room a bit cold when we arrived, yet that was an easy fix.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CIS-Shakopee, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences and compliments for our Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN, the most convenient location to Valley Fair, Canterbury Downs, Mystic Lake Casino and other area attractions such as Mall of America.

I concur with your comments, we are proud of our team members, their friendliness and professionalism. We train our associates continuously and make sure they excel in our service culture training that focuses on Guest Service, Housekeeping and Cleanliness.

I have shared your kind words with the entire team and I am sure you would agree that such feedback enables us to encourage each and every associate to always ‘go that extra mile’ in order to ensure that all guests enjoy the true ‘Country Inn’s Be Our Guest ” experience.

We have received several compliments on brand new “Be Our Guest Breakfast” that offers different menu items every day so you may enjoy variety of HEALTHY options, designed to satisfy every guest we serve. Our healthy breakfast includes cocoa, coffee, juice, milk and tea, fresh fruit, fresh baked waffles, bagels, cheese omelet, pastries, muffins, variety of oatmeal flavors, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, assortment of breads and much more…

Our greatest compliment is for you to return to us for the best value and exceptional guest service in the entire Shakopee area. We hope to see you soon.

Park Rapids, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I planned our family vacation to Minneapolis to enjoy a Twins game, Valleyfair and many other fun things to do in the cities. We searched for hotels that could hold our five member family: two 12 year old boys and a 9 year old boy. My boys are not big but they are not small fries either. Country Inn and Suites popped up as a hotel that could house all of us in one.
We wanted to check in to get our keys, because we knew we would be late from the game. We didn't see the room, but didn't think anything of it. When we got to the hotel around 11:30pm, I was shocked to see two very small queen size beds. These beds would never have handled my three boys for one night let alone three. I went downstairs to the lobby, and the receptionist took her time talking to someone other than a customer on the phone. I told her I wasn't happy about the room, and wanted a roll away (which she said I would have to pay another $7.00 - not happy) I told her to find me a roll away, and asked what time the manager would be in the next day. She said she would bring up the roll away. Forty five minutes later, my husband went down to the lobby (again receptionist taking a personal call) asked when we would get our roll away. She told him, she would look now, because she had forgotten. She never called to tell us there wasn't a rollaway, I had to go to the lobby yet again. I told her I wanted more blankets and pillows, because one of us would be sleeping on the floor. She gave me the blankets and said she would bring up the pillows as well as a copy of my receipt, because I wanted to make sure what I had, and what they had matched. Not kidding, thirty five minutes later she brought up the pillows, and said she would come back with my receipt.......never came back. I went to bed at 1:30am on the floor, because my boys and husband had already fallen asleep.
The next day there was no rollaway available. Instead of making anyone sleep on the hotel room floor, I ended up running to Target and buying an inflatable mattress. We did get a rollaway on our last night......yeah! No refund was given, nothing......it's unfortunate, because the hotel was clean and the breakfast was great. We will never stay there again!
My recommendation, if you have more than two children find a better or more accommodating hotel, because this is not the place for your family.

Room Tip: More than four in your family......chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experiences at Country Inn and Suites Shakopee, MN. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

As evident in several comments on Tripadvisor, we take great pride in Guest Service and Customer Satisfaction and most of our guests are extremely happy with our product offerings and guest services.

Although it is our goal to meet the needs and expectations of each and every guest we serve, we realize that a few of our guests may not be completely vowed. In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that we may have fallen a bit short from that goal during your stay with us.

I concur with you, our hotel can accommodate a family of five or more. However, this is only possible in our 2 rooms’ suites. I wish you had checked your room first before you went to the game or called us in advance to verify that the room that you booked would be big enough to accommodate your family. This simple step could have prevented the disappointment at night when you returned from the game.

Please be assured, that I have addressed your comments and spoke to that individual concerning your experiences with us.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our granddaughter's wedding was in Lakeville with the reception in Shakopee - we had several suites & rooms for quite a few days ... the hotel was perfect - location, rooms, bridal suite & close to shopping! We had great rates & housekeeping stocked our two family suites with plenty of towels & supplies for all the clothes changing for the bridal party!

Yes, Internet was a bit flaky but everything else was more than perfect - beds were good & we all had plenty of space! The manager, Maggie, was so helpful in placing our rooms near each other & making sure the bridal suite was away from everyone (with flowers & chocolates) ....

It was a great stay! Thanks to the entire staff for helping us with everything!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are closer to the pool but the hotel has a nice size elevator & we had many dr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
At The Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all of our guests and it is therefore extremely gratifying to receive your feedback.

I agree, we have the best location, cleanest rooms and extremely friendly and professional team members. Please accept my most sincere thanks for the time you have taken to write about your experiences. We are delighted to see that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Our team works very hard to make each guest stay a special one. It is truly what sets us apart from all of the other choices you have. As a General Manager, I could not have asked for a better team. I will be sure to share your recent experience and thank them for all of their efforts.

The team and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was clean and well prepped. The staff was courteous and helpful. The beds were clean, comfortable, and warm. All in all, this was everything a traveler could want after a long day of driving.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
The entire team at Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN would like to thank you for your comments. Our goal is to provide a full-service experience with an emphasis on providing excellent guest service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

We are very pleased and grateful for such a positive feedback surrounding our services and great amenities that our hotel offers. Each comment is very important to us and helpful in improving our services.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

To start they have fewer staff considering they were fully booked.Also basic facilities like internet were flaky.I had a connection problem in my room and contacted their 3rd party helpline.What they informed me was that they could not do much and maybe increase my overall speed.
The issue is that they do not have enough hardware in place to ensure strong wifi connectivity.

Hence I had to camp in the lobby to get anything done.During my time there many people complained about connectivity issues but there was no staff to handle it after 8pm.

Apart from the internet issue there was no one manning the front desk when I wanted to check out in the morning.I waited 10-15 mins and found no one nearby.Had to just leave with the key on the desk.

Room Tip: Corner room are the worst in terms of wifi.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tourer101
CIS-Shakopee, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our goal at Country Inn and Suites Shakopee is to provide a full-service experience with an emphasis on providing excellent service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that we may have fallen a bit short from that goal during your stay with us. Please know that I have addressed your comments with each individual department concerning your experiences with us.

Our associates are always willing and ready to assist in any need that you may have. I am sorry that you did not call the front desk or even myself during your stay.. Our property operations team would have immediately addressed your WiFi- internet connectivity concerns.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Maggie Shannon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!