“Come back to this place year after year” 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelodge Valleyfair Shakopee
Travelodge Valleyfair Shakopee
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Naperville, Illinois
“Come back to this place year after year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

I've been staying at this travel lodge on my business trip to skaopee for many years now. Recently got a trip advisor card from the hotel owner so decided to put in my two cents. This place has been my home away from home. The owners are very polite and helpful. I've always found the place quiet, clean, and comfortable. Will be coming back as long as its here.

Room Tip: The jaccuzi suite is a treat
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank hikenski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prior Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

We will never go back, nor recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfortable clean accommodations or good guest service. After reading reviews on this site, I totally agree with multiple comments that the owner's wife is obviously bothered when guest assistance is required. We saw the garbage piled up at the "security" entrance. There are no security systems locks on the entrances, so anyone can just come in, all hours of the night. There IS a camera focused on the continental breakfast area. WHAT FOR??? Looking for people taking too many half donuts. There are screens missing from room windows located over the dumpsters (yuk), smelly old air conditioning units in the rooms, a bathroom door hole "fixed" with this ridiculous fake wood repair goop blob about the size of a dinner plate. The bathroom has room for a toilet and your feet. The bathtub had no safety strips in it and I slipped and almost really fell. Upon advising the owner, he promptly waited until I fell again next week, this time really hurting myself. We have seen the entry door full of vomit, a thermos full of soured milk on the 'continental breakfast bar', garbage all over, dirty carpet and bathrooms, and worst of all rude, unconcerned 'management'. Don't stay here and save yourself the hassle. And, if you qualify for a lodging discount, be careful - the owner lady will rake you over the coals/argue with you and try to charge you a premium rate. These people have NO BUSINESS in the hospitality industry. They are only there because of the proximity to Valleyfair. There used to be nice gals who worked at the desk, but they have quit the company. Go figure! Do yourself a favor and stay at Mystic Lake, America's Best Value Inn (Canturbury Inn), Day's Inn or ANYWHERE ELSE.

Room Tip: no security or swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelgirl50_11
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

Sadly, I dont expect workers to be friendly anymore, but the staff here is cranky and acts like you are a bother to them. I arrived from Chicago about 1 am-the lady acted like I was horrible to be checking in so late. She came out with her hand on her hip annoyed with an attitude. (if you don't like to work nights-get on a different shift-don't take it out on me) The worst part is I think she is the owner. She is a bitter old woman -whoever it was, She was rude to me, my husband and my dad. The price is what you get. Our room had a broken shower rod so when we took showers water went everywhere. Never staying there again. Would have left after 1st night, but had pre-paid for a week. I would be surprised if anyone stayed there twice.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jmgacb
Concord, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Found this place online and stayed there with my 8 year old daughter. It was pretty much as advertised, good location, nice rooms, and a continental breakfast. Stayed two nights while visiting extended family and it was even better for me because the City of Shakopee was having an Easter Egg Hunt that she loved. Overall, I was happy with my stay and will probably stay there again when Valley Fair opens in May.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ACaster
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

We were recently in Shakopee for the arts and crafts show and stayed at the Travelodge. I have stayed at several economy motels before and I have to say that this was better maintained and cleaner than most of them and quieter! But for me the best part was the breakfast. Since we were going to be busy all day at the arts and crafts show with little time to eat a big breakfast is nice to have. The Travelodge had more than a continental breakfast. They had waffles! We really did appreciate the wonderful start to the day and the good quiet sleep at night before the long drive home.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank ArtsyC12
Brownton, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Requested a non-smoking jacuzzi suite was only one within 99 miles of where we live, the non-smoking sign had probably been put on the door right before we arrived. ASHTRAY was STILL in room!! Garbage cans were over flowing outside of building. Had issues charging a different credit card, was told it would require lots of paperwork. Breakfast was pathetic. Contacted manager and was told they couldn't verify our concerns, they had checked the room. I left the ashtray right where it was don't know why/how they couldn't verify concerns.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LalaAdams
Adams, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

Wouldn't recommend using expedia or don't trust website. Garbage piled so high it overflowed the cans. While staying there we had to call the police because a naked woman trying to escape from hotel window was being assaulted. When we told the front desk person what was happening (after we called the Police) all she said was, "is someone dead?" WHAT THE HECK KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?!?!?!?!?! My daughter was terrified, she didnt want to stay there anymore. We prepaid the trip & they wouldn't refund our money. The lock on our door was broke & the housekeepers had thier small children running in & out of the rooms they were cleaning. Halls needed cleaning, the people at the front desk wore dirty, stained shirts with what looked like cigarette burns in them. And one of them wouldn't even look at us when we spoke to her.How disappointing, we dreaded returning to the hotel. On occassion there wasn't even room for our vehicle to park in the lot!

Stayed October 2010
3 Thank bean5012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Prior Lake

Been to Travelodge Valleyfair Shakopee? Share your experiences!