“Americinn in shakopee MN”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The staff at the americinn in shakopee MN are very nice and go out of there way to help you. The rooms are well maintained. (clean) There are places to eat right across the street as well as many other businesses. Very good price for the rooms depending on the day. They also have a cool water park for the kids. For the experience it's the best hotel i've stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Shawn O.,

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service and clean comfortable rooms for our guests. We do have a great location with Valleyfair right down the road and Canterbury Park right across the street! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Here is the actual email I sent to the Customer Service department for AmericInn and the response I received. We will not be staying at this location, or any other AmericInn hotel, in the future.

My email:
I had reserved three queen rooms earlier last week. Because of the poor reviews I had read on TripAdvisor, I called to specifically ask about the pool. I was told that the ceiling had recently been redone, which is why it had been closed, but would be open for our stay.

When I first arrived, I was able to check in and find my room (one of three). Unfortunately, we had to drag our belongings through the lobby and hotel since the key reader for the side door nearest our room was not working. I immediately noticed the strong smell of carpet adhesive.

My sister and her family were able to check into their room (two of three) just a bit later - again having to bring all their luggage and gear through the entire hotel. They also noticed the adhesive smell in their room.

While waiting for our final group to arrive, we brought the kids to the pool. It was very disappointing. Not only was the smell of varnish (from the freshly redone ceiling) overwhelming, mixed with the smell of the chlorine, it immediately triggered a headache for me. I also noticed that the pool water was extremely cloudy and not clear like it should be. My brother is a maintenance engineer at an apartment complex and has told me that cloudy pool water indicates a high level of bacteria. We pulled the kids from the pool.

After leaving the pool, we went to get some dinner and go to a hockey game. We returned about 7:15 and our final group checked into their room (three of three). At this point we got smart and had someone hold the side door so they could bring their luggage in quickly. The first room they entered was occupied, so she returned to the desk to inform the manager. When they gave them a second room, they attempted to enter and, again, entered an occupied room.

While this was all taking place, our hallway (which were all no smoking) filled with cigarette smoke. We were not sure if the smoke was from someone smoking in a room or if it was from the smokers outside the side door who had the door propped open (because the key reader didn't work). Either way it was a horrible smell and mixed with that of the carpet adhesive, it was just too much.

We had reserved these rooms to celebrate the 6th birthdays of my son and my niece. At this point, without being able to swim, still not sure if we were going to get a third room, the smoke and glue smell, and also the fear that someone might come walking in on us, we decided to move hotels. We packed up all the balloons, party decor, cake, presents, and all our luggage and coolers and found another place to stay. It was 8:00 pm.

I can honestly say that this was the most horrible hotel experience we have ever had. Because of the age of our children (2, 6, 6, 9, 10, 12) who love to swim, we frequent hotels, especially in the winter. We were excited to try this hotel because of its proximity to the hockey tournament I was playing in and the water slide and children's pool.

I want to bring this to you attention so that these issues can be addressed. Staff was friendly, but not very anxious to help. The manager offered to upgrade our rooms, but it was too late and not sure it would have offered much of a chance. We were not charged for the rooms, for which I was appreciative.

Thank you for your time and attention to this email.

The response to my email from AmericInn:
Thank you for bringing your recent experience to the attention of our AmericInn Guest Relations Department. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay at the AmericInn of Shakopee, MN. We very much appreciate you sharing with us what you encountered, as feedback like this allows us to consistently improve as a brand to better serve all of our guests. Please be assured that I will be putting in a report internally within our Guest Relations Department for future review and training, as well forwarding a copy directly to hotel management for their records.

It is certainly not acceptable that you had to encounter such strong smells and organizational errors that prevented you from enjoying your stay at this location. There is room for improvement and I am confident that your comments will be utilized to fix the problems you mentioned. I hope that you are able to return in the future at this location so you can provide us the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. Please let us know if you ever have any additional questions or comments, and I thank you again for your time in reporting this.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole L
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Nicole L.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do remember your party of three rooms. I am very sorry you encountered some issues in regards our renovations. We have been working diligently to get everything completed so that it does not interrupt our guests quality of stay. Good news is, the pool renovation is completed and the carpet is almost completed in our rooms. I believe I spoke with your husband and offered to host a pool party in our "Splash Bay Adventure" for you and your family on us! Please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 952-445-6775 so that I can reserve this for you! I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

For the price, the hotel was nice. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. All of the staff were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was ok...some food wasn't restocked later in the breakfast service. The pancake maker is great! We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Kelli W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The pancakes are delicious! We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer and having a clean hotel, thank you for your comments. Please give us a call next time your traveling through Shakopee, we would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

What a great place for a a great price! We had a king size bed with a fireplace and whirlpool! It was a great stay! My only recommendation for the hotel is to have the hot tub in the pool area to be at a hotter temp.

• Stayed: April 2014
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Cmjohnson33,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our whirlpool fireplace rooms are the best! I will make sure to crank the hot tub up (just under what code allows) next time you stay with us :) Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We loved the convenience, only 14 miles to twin cities, and quiet comfortable room at a VERY decent price! Loved the quietness. Best restaurant in area is Dangerfield's, excellent price for quality food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cheryl J.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Dangerfields is amazing. Our location is prime due to not being right "in" the city but just close enough! Give us a call when your in Shakopee again, we would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Initial rates quoted were increased but after multiple complaints rates were finally honored. Manager doesn't return phone calls. Staff at check-in were very helpful and polite. Staff at check-out were very rude. Pillows were flat tires. Breakfast options were very limited. The pool with a slide was a blast though!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mn A,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our pool area with our 108' waterslide is one of our biggest attractions, I am glad you enjoyed it. I would love to discuss your stay with you, please email me at gmshakopee@ledgestonehospitality.com - I did not receive any voice message from you and instead of possibly missing your call, email me and I will give you my personal cellphone number to call so that I may discuss your stay. I look forward to your email!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Only complaint is I reserved 7 rooms and wanted them closer to each other and at least 2 rooms joining and didn't get the joining rooms. otherwise it was good. Kids really had fun in the pool and slide.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anita M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our pool area is nicely set up for families with the kiddie pool, hot tub, and sauna and of course our pool with our 108' waterslide, something for everyone! I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future, please give us a call next time you’re in Shakopee!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park? Share your experiences!