AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was close to Valley fair, I am glad I did not listen to tripadvisor's negative review of this hotel. Overall I am satisfied, my children loved it!!!! Housekeeping could've been better, they do not refill Your coffee, just keep that in mind.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Tetyana Z.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you decided to stay with us and experience what the real AmericInn of Shakopee is! I am very sorry though you didn't get your coffee, I will make sure to address this. We do have a very good location right next to Canterbury Park, Valley Fair and just mintures from Mystic Lake. We look forward to having you as our guest in the furture!

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our room was not clean at all, floors not vacuumed, sheets dirty, bathroom tub stained, mirrors clearly not cleaned. Phones didn't work to call front desk, only food vending machine broken. Ended up leaving and finding a hotel 15 minutes away for less, much cleaner and full hot breakfast buffet with evening managers drinks/snacks.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank conmj
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Joan H.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We have all new mattresses, furniture, lighting, carpet and granite counter tops in our rooms. We are almost finished with renovations - I hope you will come stay with us next time when you are coming to Shakopee.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the weekend of Warped Tour. 3 years running I've stayed here and for 3 years it has been great! Even though they were in the middle of renovating, business was very smooth running. Rooms were quiet and clean, breakfast had a great variety and was clean, the staff is really friendly with a great sense of humor, the property is well taken care of and the management is most accommodating. Samantha who worked that Saturday night was exceptional to say the least. It was an all around great stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DylThePickle
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear DylThePickle,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our renovations are almost complete and everything looks great! It's nice to hear that you are a long time AmericInn Shakopee guest. We pride ourselves on our excellant customer service and cleanliness of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again next year! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

For the price of the room , never got to use the pool, it was closed and the light cover had fallen in the bathroom. Floor was full water in the bathroom when got there. toilet was not clean. Lot of money for a room and never got to use the pool!
Other them that the stay was ok

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ryan R
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Ryan R,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We almost finished with renovations - the Shakopee AmericInn is going to go from OK to WOW!!! Our pool area is fun for all ages, everyone loves the 108' waterslide! Please give us a call next time your passing through Shakopee.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hi, I have never stayed at a hotel with this name before and I went for the pool as I knew I had to work the next day and I thought my son would enjoy it. Turns out, I had way more work than I realized and I spent a better part of the afternoon using their business center. They allowed my son to use the pool after check out and watch TV in the lobby. They checked to see if there was anything I needed. My son told me the night before that this was a really nice hotel and we appreciated all the recent renovations and the updated décor improvements but what sold it for us was the helpfulness and friendliness of their staff. Great place, nice sized rooms, comfortable, free breakfast, wifi, new TV and a fun pool - with adult hours after 10! Been saying that for a long time that adults should have the pool to use later - great touch. Thank you again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Monique R.,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about the AmericInn of Shakopee! I want to thank you for being our guest. You were a joy to speak with and I have to say people like you and your son are what makes our job so enjoyable. I hope you will come and see us again soon! Thank you again for such a wonderful review and for being our guest.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Everything was clean but obvious they cut corners to save money. Pillows were flat. Didn't even have a comforter on the bed. It was made up with a sheet and a blanket. The bathroom had no place for toilet paper so it was just set on the counter. The dressing area had a unfinished square cut out of the counter. The Breakfast area is really small. Breakfast it self was a good size. The Pool is much smaller then pictured.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa E

Dear Melissa E.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Good news! We are not finished with renovations.......therefore we do have new pillows coming, a completely new bedding set including a burnt orange bed skirt, chocolate brown bed scarf, premium comforter and new decorative top sheet. We also have the toilet paper holders coming - I apologize for any inconvenience I guess a lot of hotels are ordering this item because they are on back order! Our pool area may be quaint but it packs a BIG punch of fun including our waterslide, hot tub, and sauna and kiddie pool! Please give us a call next time you’re in Shakopee - we will have our renovations finished up soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed one night at the AmericInn in Shakopee while attending the races at Canterbury Park. The hotel is undergoing an intensive reservation, so things were dusty in the halls. The fitness room is currently holding new furniture so was unusable. There is limited parking as construction items take up a portion. However, our room had already been redone and everything was very nice. The room was spacious, clean, and the air conditioning worked well. Comfortable bed and furnishings. As with most AmericInns, this hotel is QUIET. It was nice not to be able to hear hordes of kids staying in the hotel and running in the halls from our room. My only real complaint is that the internet was iffy and would not stay connected and the breakfast area was packed and so full of kids waiting for waffles that there was nowhere to sit or navigate, and a waffle was out of the question! Hopefully once renovations are complete there will be more seating and an additional wafflemaker to speed up the line; we were there on a Thursday so it must be worse on weekends! Overall this hotel was very nice for the price, conveniently-located next to the track, casino, and other attractions, and we will be staying again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear mtcowgirl,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a review about the AmericInn of Shakopee! Our renovaitons are almost complete and your right it was intense. We almost have a completely new hotel! I appreciate all of your kind words and feedback. We have a second waffle maker on the way! Please give us a call next time your passing through Shakopee.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
AmericInn Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
#2 of 4 in Chanhassen

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park? Share your experiences!