“Great room, great value, great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Was in the area on business and stayed at the Holiday Inn express. Upon arrival I was greeted by a fantastic employee. Very friendly and attentive. My reservation was complete and thorough. Check in was flawless. This is a new hotel and my room was awesome! Super clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and the shower was wonderful. I made the right choice in picking this hotel to stay at.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is only a few months old. The room was awesome. I booked a room with 2 queens but may have got a bit of an upgrade. The room must have been a suite as it had a small couch, stuffed chair, and two desks. I can't complain as the desk clerk lowered my rate by $10 at check-in when I mentioned that the price went up $13 because the clock rolled past midnight between the time I started my search on the computer and when I actually made the reservation. Apparently, HI bumps the price for a same day reservation.

The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable and probably the best I have experienced at a Holiday Inn Express. The temperature was controlled by a digital thermostat on the wall.

The desk clerk was friendly and answered our questions about the casino nearby. I wish I would have noticed the pancake machine before I filled up with breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Wonderful staff from check in to check out. The hotel was busy with a wedding, cheer-leading team and a family reunion. They were able to accommodate our group of 7 rooms easy. Quiet & spacious rooms. Very clean. Breakfast was their regular fare, all done quite well. Pool was fun for kids too. Easy access to so much, including restaurants, Valleyfair and Cantebury Downs.

Room Tip: all rooms have refrigerators & lots of cabinetry for storage.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matischer
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, but what is even better about this hotel is the staff that cannot do enough for you. We were there just for a night, but we will definitely return if in the area again. Right across the highway from Valley Fair and just a few minutes from the Renaissance Festival, it has the perfect location. The hotel is so new and lovely. The free breakfast was one of the nicest we have ever had, coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours a day, and there is a free business center with internet access. Well worth the money!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel was great! New, clean, good sized rooms, great breakfast, awesome beds and bedding, coffee maker, fridge, wifi was fast, staff was friendly and efficient. It was a winner!
We experienced horse racing for the first time at Canterbury Park .... What a great time! Highly recommend both hotel and the races!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We recently used this hotel for all of our wedding guests. Our reception was at The Wild's so it was fairly close. The hotel was so accommodating and the staff was all excellent. The General Manager, Jeff, was awesome to work with. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The breakfast in the morning was also very good. Rooms all very clean as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brooke G
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at this new hotel for 3 nights on a family trip to Valleyfair & Mall of America. Hotel is very close to Valleyfair & could see some of the rides from our room. Everything was very nice & new. The bed & bedding were very comfortable.

The only complaint I would have is that there was no variety to the breakfast. It was the same thing all 3 days we were there. The only thing that was different was the first & third day there was sausage and on the second day there was Canadian bacon. Need to change it up more & have a different variety of eggs too. Daughter loved to use the automatic pancake maker.

Definitely will be staying here again when we come back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Prior Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chanhassen, MN

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee? Share your experiences!