“excellent place to stay”

Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shoreview
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2013

There was a contest at the hotel while I was there so I completed several complimentary cards regarding the customer service I received as a client. The contest ended 8/31 so I tested it after to see if the courteous service I received was put on for the contest. I found that I continued to receive excellent service after the contest. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnShoreview, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our employees and their service. We are very proud of their dedication and commitment to going above and beyond for our guests. I appreciate the review and will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We discovered this little gem in Shoreview north of St. Paul on a trip to see our son last year, and have made it our regular spot. Very quiet, convenient, good value, and very helpful staff. Free parking, pretty pool, good free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnShoreview, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

We are so glad you have returned to our location and had another great experience. Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We arrived late Friday night and checked in as the last reservation of the evening. Sherry M., the night manager was incredibly pleasant and helpful, offered us our perks for being gold members of Hilton's program, and suggestions on what we should see at the state fair the next day. We went to our room and found that the deadbolt failed to close. We called the desk and Sherry offered to meet us in the hall with the keys to a new room. We went to that room and it was fine until we had a problem with the toilet stopping up. Sherry came down, fixed the problem, and discovered that the flush valve needed to be fixed. She arranged for it to be fixed the next day.

When we worked up the next morning, Sherry arranged for the room to be credited due to our issues. We were late arriving at the breakfast room and the attendant noticed that there were no remaining western omelettes. She offered to make me and another guest one. Often I find that these rooms are quickly closed down with no concern for the guests. The staff at this property was top notch and one of the best I've ever met.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnShoreview, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

So glad Sherry and the rest of our staff made your stay an enjoyable one! I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you next time you return to the area.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Clean Rooms, Great Service and good staff on call 24 hours a day! Location was great..plenty of parking for both Hotel and Restaurant which gave great service and food was good also. We had advanced reservations which made it easy in and easy out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnShoreview, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your suggestions. Our staff is always available to help you find the best options for transportation while staying at our location. Next time you visit, please stop by the desk and we will be happy to make the proper arrangements for your transportation needs.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff, the facilities are great. Always feel welcomed, they'll do just about anything to help you have a great stay, very friendly. There's a nice size indoor pool and hot tub, and a green Mill restaurant in the hotel with a nice variety on the menu. Have stayed before, will return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is always a pleasure to have you here with us. So glad you enjoyed our amenities!
We look forward to having you here again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is the letter I wrote to the hotel and directly to Hilton:

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn North St. Paul. I choose to stay at the Hampton Inn Hotels because of previous experience and this stay was once again met all of my expectations and more.

I need to compliment your staff. I received a phone call before I checked in asking if I would prefer to stay on the first level since children were staying and there was not an elevator, it was also confirmed the roll-away bed would be brought to the room.

At arrival, we were greeted so warmly and after check in the front desk staff greeted us at the outside door nearest our room with the luggage valet. Our room smelled fantastic and was clean with comfy beds, a welcome site after traveling and being with children all day.

The pool was perfect: Warm water and clean.

Keisha (sp?) was very helpful and kind. My niece lost money in the game machine and she went above and beyond to return her lost tokens and ensured my nephew got a cookie! By the way, she was the one who greeted us with the luggage valet. (She’s a gem!)

Brittany, was excellent as well! She made sure I had gluten free (I have Celiac disease) food items for breakfast and even though I was unable to use the toaster due to cross contamination, she allowed me to use the microwave. She was extremely busy and took time to ensure my needs were met and was very professional and friendly. You have no idea how much I appreciated that! (She is also a gem!)

I truly had a fantastic experience at the Hampton Inn in St. Paul North (Shoreview, MN) and appreciated the professional and kind staff. Definitely will stay there again!

Customer service is unfortunately becoming lost in our busy world, I need to make sure the excellent staff at this hotel and the other Hampton Inn hotels in which I’ve stayed are complimented on their service.

Room Tip: There is not an elevator, consider staying on the first level if you have children, lots of luggage...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you. We have very high expectations for our staff and we are very proud of them as they consistently are going above and beyond to cater to our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with Keisha and Brittany, as well. We appreciate the review!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

If one does not have a car, it is quite inconvenient to visit places of interest from this hotel. It would good if the hotel provides such services or help to make the arrangement such as car rental/bus services.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shoreview
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis St. Paul-Shoreview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roseville, MN
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul

Been to Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview? Share your experiences!