“Great cozy place!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spring Grove
Village House Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spring Grove
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Great cozy place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Very clean - old school cozy and homy. The staff guy was nice. Not very strict on check out times which was great. If I'm back in the area I would def stay here again. Very close to the good places in town which was great!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Arod408

Business
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is a cute and charming little motel that is a living example of old-school roadside motels of the past. It is indeed only a 6-unit motel and located smack in the middle of the town. While everything in the room was dated, it is not dated in a bad way at all - every last thing in the place, including the well-vacuumed carpeting, was spotless. It really couldn't have been cleaner and the overall impression is that you are staying in your aunt or uncle's guest bedroom, not luxurious (the beds are so-so but they'll do) but clean and safe and snug. Nice touches are the coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator and the little soaps and shampoos. Even newer flat-screen TVs for those who watch TV but I think I would have preferred a tube TV to fit the rest of the decor. If you need to stay in or around Spring Grove, hesitate not, this is a great little place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank IllinoisCentral
Chaska, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Spent one night here. Room was spotless & sound. No issues. A basic, clean motel for the rural Midwest. Unit #1 is next to state hwy 44 so you will hear the trucks rumble through town at night. So, if you have a choice, choose other than unit #1.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank WMarengo
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Our motel room was small but very cozy and clean. I especially liked the bathroom. It was small but very nice. We had a refridgerator, microwave and coffee maker. We were very comfortable with everything we needed. We stayed two nights as we were in town for our son's wedding. The price was right at only 64 dollars a night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Norene S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

I found this place listed in my GPS, and took a chance on it. Well worth it. The motel is a cute little place, only 6 units. It's probably from the early '50s. The family running it has owned it for three years, and they've kept it up well. I paid $50 w/tax for my room.
The room was a good size, but two queen beds had it pretty full. There was a fridge, microwave, phone and clock, as well as a small TV. The furniture is older, and I had a desk from the '60s and a really tacky old lamp in my room. Everything was in good repair, and the tackiness was kind of fun. The beds each had a nice quilt, and store bought sheets. I went with plaid over floral. The little wall heater in the room actually worked too well, so I ended up cracking the windows before bed.
The bathroom was clean, but small. You only have a shower. The walls had pink and maroon vintage 'tile' made out of celluloid. I've never seen anything like it, so that was a bonus. You don't have many choices in the small towns around here, but you can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
9 Thank roadtripperMaryland

Been to Village House Motel? Share your experiences!