“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Staples
Sunset Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Staples
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have never had an experience like this ever in my life. My friends and I reserved rooms for a weekend at the Sunset Motel. We showed up late Friday night and this man told my friends they did not have a reservation all weekend with them, so he sent them across the street to Super 8, and my friends ended up staying at Super 8. I witnessed this conversation. By the end of the weekend the man at Sunset Motel who told them they did not have reservations charged her for a room he stated he apparently did not have reservations for. When we confronted him on this, he refused to show us the video footage from the night we tried checking in!

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Trucowgurl777
There are newer reviews for Sunset Motel

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We have recently stayed on two occasions at the Sunset Motel in Staples. Before we did, I decided to look up reviews and they were poor at best. It was decided, that with such poor reviews, that no one could possibly stay in business. So, we decided to see for ourselves.
I realize that in today’s society, our “needs “are far greater than those of years gone by. We were very pleasantly surprised. Our pet was welcome and it was the perfect place to suite our “needs”.
The owner has been upgrading since the purchase of the motel, and our room was modest, clean and cozy. What more does anyone need for a place to sleep ?
The owner is more than pleasant and the rates are also.
Both my wife and dog would want me to recommend the Sunset Motel for a stay while in Staples, or just a place to rest until the next day back on the road.
We will most certainly be staying at the Sunset again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Sunset motel is lovely with wonderful views. Beautiful breakfast before going to the Amtrak. Staff at Sunset Motel is the gem with delight manager. Many people like how clean it could be and
wish they could stay many days before going to Amtraks nearby to Sunset Motel in Staples.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Iowegian9
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My group rented three rooms on 9-8-2012. The double room was so filthy that one of the beds actually had a gob of hair in between the sheets. It was disgusting. The other person in the room wouldn't even sleep between the sheets and used his sleeping bag instead. He went to roll up the sleeping bag the next morning and the bag was covered in black hair from the bed spread. One of the single rooms had such a hard bed the party could not get to sleep. The owner wanted 32 dollars to move to a different room after spending one hour in the room that had just been rented for 42 dollars. The motel was basically empty except for the group I was with. If the Super 8 is full, drive to Motley or Wadena or sleep in your car.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Willie G

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!