“Stay was all we hoped for. Allowed our pets to stay too”

America's Best Inn - Stewartville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stewartville
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in May 2014 at this hotel. They've upgraded rooms, beds, common areas. Nice quiet clean room we stayed. They allowed us to stay in specially designated rooms for pets with our dogs at a nominal prices. We'll stay here again soon. Thank you..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank John K

Reviewed 8 February 2014

the place needs a makeover. room ws dirty, the heater in the room made so much noise i shut it off, shower was dirty & needed a good cleaning, the breakfast was a joke, i'v never seen donuts that small, they had a waffle iron but after i opened it up that was it i closed it & walked away ( filthy ) , staff was there to get your money & then they seem to vanish even at checkout. over priced rates.
i would keep driving.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank chips99
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We chose this motel as it was on the way to Sioux Falls. Never again!! It was the worst place we have ever stayed in. The front desk people were never around when you needed them. The room seriously needed a good clean and a new bed. The fridge didn't work properly and we had to throw out our milk and turkey slices. As there were only three carloads of people at the motel there was no queue for breakfast. The choice was poor - two kinds of cereal, toast, tea or coffee and a bowl of fruit. The internet was incredibly slow as well. Never again. We are so sorry we didn't check the Trip Advisor reviews before making our booking. We would have chosen a nice hotel in Rochester instead.

Room Tip: Get a room in Rochester instead.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nan S
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were in Stewartville for a funeral. Could not understand a word the manager was saying but stayed for three nights anyway. Our daughter joined us on the second night and decided to stay for the night. Within a few minutes the front desk called and wanted more money. They called again at 9:30 PM. They ended up charging me $20.00 extra. There was never anybody at the front desk, rang bell 3 times and nobody showed up. No service at all.
The breakfast was TERRIBLE. Don't even brother to try. Don't drop your muffin or bagel on the floor, it will crack the floor tile. The boiled eggs would have been good had we been there 2 weeks earlier when they were edible. Didn't even want to look at the pitcher of milk, it looked pretty solid to me
If you have any other option at all, including the back seat of you car, go for it. Just drive down the road to the next hotel and give them the business, this place sure doesn't deserve it.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ralph R
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It was disgusting! It looked like dried blood on the mattress! I stayed there b/c of a wedding, and the bride and groom said their mattress looked the same. The bride kept on apologizing to us for reserving the rooms. Never got a discount for the stay. I got an AWFUL value, $80 for a 2 bed dump! I wish I had driven to Rochester instead. I would have saved $$$ and gotten a nicer room. The beds were very hard and you could feel EVERY spring poking into you. I now know why there is a chiropractor next door (no joke)!!! When I asked for more pillows (only 2 on each bed), the Indian lady started accusing me of allowing more people in my room! NO customer service, very rude Indian family who glared at us when my husband asked where the Catholic Church was in town. The fridge never cooled down our beverages. We drove to Rochester to buy a couple of pillows and blankets. Trust me, if my card hadn't already been charged I would have left w/o paying. I was very upset. It is not a chain so there is no corporate to complain to. I think a car would be more comfortable, or even the grass along the side of the road! Again, AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SO NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE AND BACKACHE!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark641
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Boo wont be back here ever. dirty. Signs posted everywhere for silly things. Ur best bet is to keep on driving. Used items for sale all over the place. Eww . Did not feel safe in my room. Front desk man was clueless.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Shawna L
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This place is dirty. Everything is outdated and should be on that TV Show on Travel Channel Called Hotel Impossible. They need to come in and fix this place fast or the owner will go out of business soon. This place is a joke. I have stayed at some high class Hotels and some low class Hotels looking for a fast nap. This is by far low low class of a place.. Just drive to Rochester and stay for a night up there. So many negative comments on here I'm sure the owner has never checked Trip Advisor or let alone know how to use a computer.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BigSerb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stewartville
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester
Days Inn & Suites Rochester South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, MN
Kahler Grand Hotel
Kahler Grand Hotel
#38 of 50 in Rochester

Been to America's Best Inn - Stewartville? Share your experiences!