“Great place to stay!”
Review of Rivertown Inn

Rivertown Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you enjoy a home decorated for the period, wonderful large whirlpool tubs, delicious food prepared by a professional chef, you'll love this place. Also be sure to check their website or ask them about the deal with Domacin Wine Bar/Eatery. The sample package was fantastic and is only offered at that price to the Rivertown B & B guests. One of the best places I have stayed at.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I cannot add much to the other reviews, but this is a great place to stay! We went back for a second visit recently and again loved chef Ray's breakfasts along with the relaxing ambiance of this wonderful home. Stillwater is a fun place to visit for those of us from the Twin Cities, however, I recommend this BnB for anyone looking for some romantic pampering in a great location,

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I second all the five star reviews! This was such a fun little getaway, and the details of the themed rooms were great. I spent one night in the Lewis Carroll Suite because I got a good deal online and would definitely go back and pay full price. The cocktail hour was a nice way to start the evening, the innkeeper was extremely knowledgeable about the property and the history of Stillwater in general, and the breakfast was a perfect way to end our stay on a delicious note.

Room Tip: You may want to stay away from the Lewis Carroll Suite if you are tall.
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed at the Rivertown Inn for a surprise birthday vacation for my boyfriend. I was nervous that a B&B wouldn't be his style, but once we stepped into the place we were in love! Unlike like many of the B&B's I saw while looking for a vacation spot, the Rivertown had real STYLE. The craftsmanship in everything from the floors, to the furniture, to the woodwork is incredible- and it all flows to create a scene that I can only describe as pure luxury. It got even better once we were shown to our room! We stayed in the Alfred Lord Tennyson suite, and it was amazing. The room was on the top floor and was perfect! The pictures on the website really don't do it justice. The room is separated into two parts, a smaller sitting room to the left and a large main room with the biggest jet tub I've ever scene. Again in this room design and details were impeccable and the bed was heavenly. If you want to stay a luxery room, but can't afford the carriage house, I would 100% recommend this room. I really could go on and on, but I want to mention a few other things this Inn does to deserve the five stars.

The staff was wonderful. To further the surprise and make the experience even better, I decided to schedule a massage for my boyfriend. Tabatha helped me schedule an appointment through email, and if I had a question it never took her longer than 30 minutes to get back to me. Clearly I was impressed! She was timely and friendly, a wonderful combination! My boyfriend also said the massage was wonderful, and it was reasonably priced.

The food, which has already been raved about by others, was everything I'd hoped it would be. The chef was friendly, funny, and clearly passionate and talented! Besides the morning breakfast, he also prepares delicious whole wheat cookies and treats for the guests during the day.

Lastly, the town was lovely. There are many shops to browse, and plenty of restaurants too.

My parting words would be, if you are considering B&B's put this one on the top of your list. For the experience, location and accommodations you will not find a better value. There is no doubt in my mind we will be back!

Thank you staff of the Rivertown Inn for the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautiful, you really can't pick a bad one! But I did love the Tennyson suite...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rivertown Inn the end of January. I was excited when we drove up the hill and saw the property. Very elegant - I can imagine how beautiful the grounds and garden would be in the spring and summer. Our room was the Browning Suite - it was lovely. The antiques and furnishings were perfect. We felt so special in the surroundings. The woodwork and attention to detail are felt throughout the entire home. The social hour was enjoyable and relaxing. The goumet breakfast was outstanding. The staff are so attentive and friendly without being intrusive. All the details have been taken care - if anything is needed, they are here to assist you. We have stayed at several B & B's and this by far was the most enjoyable experience yet. We can hardly wait to come back again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The Rivertown Inn is gorgeous, well maintained, and serves delicious breakfasts.
We were so disappointed to find that they did not do anything at all special for our very expensive Valentine's overnight there. I normally bring some flowers, candy, snacks, and wine to B&Bs, but mistakenly left them at home thinking they would certainly be a place that would provide at least something special for the occasion. Nope. Nada. Sure they had their usual hors d'oeurves & wine hour, which was rather skimpy if you came in half way through. I have enjoyed Valentine's Days at many B&Bs, always delighted with each venue's special touches for the holiday created for B&Bs! Will not be back for any special occasions. Sad, as everything else is top notch (exception being some of the mattresses need to be replaced).

Room Tip: The Carriage House suites are to die for!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MinnesotaTrixie
Innkeeper306, Manager at Rivertown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate any comments or suggestions our guests may have to further improve upon their experience. Rivertown Inn strives to exceed expectations and offer a fully customizable experience for each and every guest. We offer a full wine list, as well as a variety of floral, dining, massage and experience packages for our guests to customize their stay. For the night of Valentine’s Day, all overnight guests also received a complimentary ticket for a horse-drawn carriage ride along the St. Croix River in downtown Stillwater.

Our complimentary nightly social hour is served from 5:00-6:00pm every evening and we offer a unique selection of gourmet meats, cheeses, fruit, and other small bites prepared by our chef, along with complimentary house wine. Our social hour is very popular with our guests and we encourage everyone to arrive early to receive the full experience. We are also very proud to offer deluxe in-room amenities for the comfort of all guests, including custom-made double pillow-top mattresses, luxury bed linens and goose down comforters. Guests often compliment the Inn on the comfort and quality of our mattresses and bedding, remarking that their stay included the best night’s sleep they have ever received.

Thank you again for your honesty and valuable feedback. We will continue working with our guests to create the best experience possible. Thanks to past guest suggestions, in 2013 we will be further expanding our services to offer an A La Carte Menu with delivery service to guest rooms, improving our wine list and adding a selection of beers, as well as adding additional experience packages.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

A friend of ours suggested we stay at the Rivertown Inn years ago. Since then, my husband and I have never stayed anywhere other than this lovely Stillwater gem. The author-inspired rooms are opulent and luxurious. The Agatha Christie Suite is our very favorite but the suites are all lovely. From the welcome event of wine and cheese through our delicious gourmet breakfast, The Rivertown Inn receives an A++ in our book! The inkeeper, Larry, is delightful and the Cordon bleu-trained master chef Ray creates the most interesting and delicious meals for breakfast. Chef Ray even teaches a cooking class one Saturday per month. The Rivertown Inn is simply exceptional on every front!

Room Tip: While all of the rooms are beautiful, we love the Agatha Christie Suite in the carrage house.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TerrieWheeler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
#3 of 7 in Stillwater
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson

Been to Rivertown Inn? Share your experiences!