“Did research for several days and this place is seriously the nicest b&b out there.”
Review of Rivertown Inn

Rivertown Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was looking for a place to take my wife for our 10 year wedding aniversary and I must say according to my wife it was the most beautiful hotel/ inn she had ever stayed in, and we have stayed in some of the worlds finest resorts so that's saying a lot. She said it was incredible and she couldn't believe that after 10 years I was still able to show her places that still wowed her. Needless to say I did my research.
I looked at many b&b's across the U.S using magazines, internet reviews, and news articles to find some of the best B&B's out there. When I stumbled across this one from the moment I saw there website I knew they would be the one. First off let me start by saying that while this place is gorgeous online the pictures do not do it justice. It IS STUNNING. The breakfast was incredible, the service was inpeckable and the location was within walking distance to the main street. I stayed in the Browning suite and while it was not my first choice (it was the only one available during the time I wanted) that feeling quickly went out the window because you guessed it, that room was also AMAZING. Seriously I would be happy sleeping in a hallway at the River Town Inn because the entire house is just incredible. All in all this was in my opinion the number one bed and breakfast in Stillwater if not then entire state and or country . The only thing I wasn't a fan of was that the sound carries a bit more in these old houses and if you are a light sleeper recommend you bring some ear plugs or sleep on the highest floor maybe even the carriage house ( top floor). But again everything else just makes up for it. Parking was also easy.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Rivertown Inn

Reviewed 6 September 2013

A great B & B in beautiful Stillwater. The service was amazing. The grounds were gorgeous. Unbelievable breakfast in the morning. Nice selection of rooms are available. Within walking distance of downtown Stillwater.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in the Agatha Christie grand suite. Loved the attention to detail and the jet tub. The cleanliness is excellent. The garden was gorgeous. The breakfast was delicious. The service friendly and attentive. We did give a couple of suggestions to improve the suite. Install a makeup mirror due to dim lighting in the bathroom. We didn't like the mattress and the rail at the end of the bed made it difficult to get out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadtrekers
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and loved it. Chef Ray is fantastic and you shouldn't miss the wine hour starting at 5pm. The breakfast is one-of-a-kind wonderful prepared by the chef, and then you are ready for the day. We start the weekend by getting massages at the Just For Me Spa to kick-start our time away from the kids. The bedchamber rooms are a bit smaller than the suites and are worth the increased price. You can eat outside on the wraparound porch which is such a treat!

Room Tip: If you are tall make sure you look carefully at the description of the bed. We like the Browning Su...
Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I went there for an overnight stay for our anniversary and this will now be an annual visit for us! We've been to quite a few bed and breakfasts in Minnesota and this one is by far the best! There is ample parking, and the house and grounds are absolutely beautiful! We stayed in the Oscar Wilde suite and loved it! The attention to detail in this themed suite was amazing. When we stepped into the room we felt so comfortable there that we wished we could have stayed for two nights. A very romantic room. The picture on the website doesn't do it justice! Very large shower with two shower heads and steam availability. A large whirlpool tub also. The bed was unique and so comfortable. The breakfast was delivered to our room and was delicious of course! Every amenity you may need is made available to you, from wine, coffee, to bottled water. We just cannot say enough good things about this place! Stillwater is a great town, if you are planning a romantic overnight stay, this is the place to stay!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The inn is conveniently located 3 blocks from the main shopping street, but beware becasue it is three blocks straight up! Not bad going down but a bit strenuous walking up! As with most of Stillwater, the Inn is Victorian with heavy furniture and a bit dark, even in summer sunlight. Our room was in the attic but there is air conditioning and a fan so it was comfortable sleeping even on a hot muggy night. The bed was comfortable and we loved the double whirlpool tub, especially after climbing up from downtown. WIne and snacks are served from 5 to 6 each evening. It was very pleasant to sit on the wide porch and relax. Breakfast was served on the porch the next morning with all guests at tables for two. This was, for us, a welcome change from the typical B&B where you all sit together and have to make conversation over breakfast. Not bad but on a romantic weekend away it was nice to have a table to ourselves. Breakfast itself was wonderful. The chef came out and described each of the four courses in detail which was interesting. Serously the best bran muffin ever! Fresh squeezed juice, great coffee. Overall great experience and we would go back.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures online and choose a decor that appeals to you.
1  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 2nd anniversary by doing something unique so we stayed at Rivertown Inn for a night. Our experience was fantastic!!! We stayed in the Lewis Carroll bedchamber. The room was so cute and interesting. It was apparent that a lot of thought and planning went into the decor and theme of the room. We've stayed at a few B&Bs, but this one was unlike any other. There was a cocktail hour at 5pm with complimentary wine and appetizers and the three-course breakfast was out of this world! It was the fanciest, tastiest, most well thought out breakfast I've ever had. And the chef was there to answer questions and present each course. The experience and special touches at this inn were well worth the price. I hope to stay there again in the future, but next time I might stay in a suite!

Room Tip: Bedchambers don't have shower stalls. Suites have full bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
#4 of 7 in Stillwater
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson

Been to Rivertown Inn? Share your experiences!