“Like No Other....”

Ranked #5 of 9 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Eagan, Minnesota
“Like No Other....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We discovered the Rivertown Inn 8 years ago. It was such a beautiful place and a special time for my husband and I, that we have made this our anniversary tradition. We come back the same weekend every spring! We have stayed in several of the rooms, but the Browning Suite is our favorite. If you are looking for a sanctuary to find peace and stillness from the craziness of life this is it. A back yard gazebo sits amoung immaculate landscaping and is one of our favorite places to relax with a glass of wine and enjoy the scenery and sounds of nature all around us! The breakfast is amazing and it is a treat to be able to sit at a table for two out on the front porch. The owners go our of their way to make everything as special as it can be and the staff do all that they can to make sure your experience is wonderful! It is located only a few blocks from the river and main street, so you have access to all kinds of things if that is what you want and yet far enough away to feel you are in another world. I look forward to this time away throughout the whole year.
Lezlie and Jon

Room Tip: All the rooms offer something special and different. The suite rooms are a little larger. Look on th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Plymouth, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in the Oscar Wilde suite and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bathroom was a suite in itself with the 2 person jacuzzi, the rain shower/sauna and it's own gas fireplace. As if that weren't enough, the breakfasts were amazing! We got to enjoy eating out on the porch during some of the first nice weather of the season. The fresh custom juices, the beautiful presentation of the food and the wonderful flavors made the breakfast reason enough to stay here! We also ordered a picnic lunch to enjoy after hiking in a nearby state park. The lemon caprese salad was most refreshing.

We will definitely be back to stay again and look forward to reserving another room "experience"!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our kids gave us a nite here for our 40th anniversary and it was the perfect gift. We loved being welcomed to the lovely Jane Austen room by NPR's classical music. The three-course breakfast was fabulous with a delicious fruit/fiber muffin (including gluten-free for me), a maple-custard baked oatmeal and a healthy and tasty veggie/egg/sausage hash. It was best breakfast we've ever had at a B & B and we've stayed at several throughout the US and abroad. We also had a wonderful dinner at Domincin Wine Bar, just a few blocks away in historic Stillwater.

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower, be sure to request a room with one as many, including the Jane Austen room...
Park Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in the Agatha Christie suite which was amazingly decorated with a huge whirlpool and separate bathroom with huge shower. The evening snacks and wine were delicious and breakfast was a gourmet feast. The staff is friendly. A lot of attention went into every aspect--the home, grounds, food. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: If you get a chance stay in the Agatha Christie suite. It's often booked and expensive but wonde...
Appleton, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Wilde suite during our stay for one night. The suite is gorgeous and even has a steam shower. Skylight above the large whirlpool tub. Two fireplaces. Interesting corner bed. Very cozy.
But the breakfast.....oh man....the breakfast I need to google some better words for 'amazing, delicious, beautiful' it was hands down the absolute best breakfast I've ever had. I've had breakfast in Italy and other amazing places but this place is #1 in my book. The menu changes daily. Strawberry ginger juice and fresh orange. I can't remember all of the courses but the bran muffin made with local organic ingredients I would have paid $10 for. Did I mention I don't like bran muffins? This was out of this universe. I will include pictures of the pear poached in blush wine and the strata on asparagus and another sauce I can't remember. Lick my plate amazing. The chef comes out and tells about each course. I understand he also teaches cooking classes as well. If he had a restaurant I would eat there every day.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Svoxland
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We did a last minute stay here and it was a great surprise. Walking distance from downtown Stillwater, the house is BEAUTIFUL, I mean amazing. You don't have to love architecture to appreciate the hard work that went into Rivertown Inn. The staff is great and the Chef was outstanding! My hubby has a food allergy that I noted before we checked in, they took care of him at breakfast without so much as a whisper. We'll stay here again in a heartbeat.

Do not skip breakfast, the best I've had at any B&B!

Room Tip: Heads up if you like your shower in the morning- take note of the room you book, not all have shower...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New Prague, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I have been here three times now, each time a wonderful experience. Our goal is to stay in each room. Make sure to take advantage of the nightly social hour, good wine and great appetizers in a relaxed atmosphere for everyone that stays there. Breakfast is served each morning by a professional chef who gives great detail into the preparation and ingredients of each course. In a word, the food is fantastic. And staying in the city of Stillwater only adds to the experience.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to try any room regardless of size, they are each very unique.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
The Saint Paul Hotel
The Saint Paul Hotel
#2 of 16 in Saint Paul

Been to Rivertown Inn? Share your experiences!