“Nice but needing an update”
Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hubby and I stayed in room 219 for a quick get away. Location is ideal - parking is included and Stillwater can be a challenge with parking so that was worth it. Hotel is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. Hotel room was clean but starting to show it's wear. Room was pretty with stained glass windows ( reason why I chose this room ). Had breakfast the following morning and was responsible and decent for the money. Would we stay here again? Maybe...

Room Tip: Look on-line at rooms before booking - each room is featured.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lowell Inn

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a historic hotel very close to downtown. If you are looking for a modern hotel do not stay here as it is very historic. However, the beds were comfortable and clean and the water is hot. The coffee is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in King Jacuzzi Room 330. The bed was very comfortable, with nice linens. The double jacuzzi was a real treat. The room was on the small side, but fine. The sink was in a separate room from the shower/toilet. I would have appreciated water being available on our floor (no bottled water option on the vending machine). The location can't be beat, 1 block away from Main Street, and we enjoyed checking out the shops, restaurants and bars. Had a great meal (huge servings) at Nacho Mama, drinks at the Shangai (great staff and Belgian beers) and enjoyed the wine bar that was one block away from the Lowell.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I had planned a romantic weekend away in Stillwater during the weekend of January 17-18, 2014 (Friday-Saturday stay). We are expecting our first child in late April and this was to be our last weekend away before the baby comes! Stillwater has always been our special place to go, however I wanted to switch up where we stayed and the Lowell Inn's gorgeous rooms caught my eye.

The Thursday morning before our vacation, I went into pre-term labor at only 26 weeks pregnant. We ended up being in the hospital for the next six days. My husband called the Inn on Thursday afternoon (January 16) to let them know our situation and to cancel our reservations. This was 24 hours before we were to be there. They refused to work with him and fully charged us, stating a 5 day cancellation policy.

I find this absolutely unacceptable as we had a valid emergency and there was a 24 hour notice (48 hour notice for Saturday night). They would not even consider the option of refunding us IF they were still able to book the room to any last minute guests.

I will make sure that everyone I know is aware of this type of cold "customer service"
You can be sure that we will NEVER go near this place in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Chandra H
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a "night out" from the kids. She booked a suite at the hotel. Outstanding meals and service at the restaurant. We had both dinner and lunch there.

Room was fantastic. Very quiet. Clean, lots of space, great little details. Great views of downtown Stillwater. Helpful staff, great service. Look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mickkubrick
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My sister and I contracted scabies in this hotel. I live in CT and my sister lives in MN, and we shared a room for our brother's wedding. We did not see each other the day before or after the wedding, and have not seen each other since that. We have both been diagnosed with scabies.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Hart4dCT
LowellInn, General Manager at Lowell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

The Lowell Inn Hotel has had an 100% rating inspection out of 100% possible value for at least the last couple years from the Washington County Health Department.

As soon as we got this review, we contacted the Health Department to check about it and they agreed there was no way this could possible happened here.

They are willing to answer any question regarding this matter.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel was very clean. Very interesting that you had a $30.00 deposit with no refunds on the deposit. Expensive for what you got. $179.00 plus tax. Just a room, no coffee or breakfast included. The location was nice in Stillwater.

Room Tip: The rooms are very interesting. The Victorian rooms, some don't have doors on the bathrooms. Th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RunSeattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson

Been to Lowell Inn? Share your experiences!