“Very Nice”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Finlayson, Minnesota
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great Hotel Nice staff quiet clean best hotel in Stillwater. Have been staying there for work they have a very good breakfast and pool and hot tub that is always working and clean. Inside and outside the hotel is very clean and neat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experiences in our hotel, Brian :) It is our pleasure to be able to serve you and make your stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!!

With Hospitality,
Shannon McMahon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I travel a lot with his work. We have stayed at The Crossings multiple times. Every time we check in we are greeted by a cheerful, we'll informed staff member. I have never had to complain about the cleanliness of our room as it is always very clean and fresh smelling. We have stayed on weekends and weekdays, long term and short term. We only had a problem with noise once and the front desk took care of it,no problem. The location of the hotel is close to many restaurants( fast and sit down) so finding food is never an issue. It's close to shopping and downtown Stillwater is a short cab
ride away. Honestly, the only thing I can really say I don't like is the breakfast they serve. Like so many hotels it's simply "hotel breakfast". I'm a breakfast snob so that might have something to do with it. Overall, it's clean the staff is wonderful and the location is great.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you have had overall positive experiences during your visits. We are so happy to hear that you find the staff friendly and accommodating. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast is not to your satisfaction. I can pass your concerns along; as it is through comments such as yours that we become better at what we do.
To be completely honest, we love having you and your husband here, Sam. You brighten our days when we see your name on the arrivals list. Please continue to keep us in mind when you're traveling through Stillwater.

With Hospitality,
Shannon McMahon
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

On the coldest day of the season, I called to make a reservation only a few short hours before I needed the room. Friendly staff welcomed me and the room was toasty warm. I enjoyed a relaxing, quiet evening a good night's sleep and a great breakfast. I always choose Crossings when I need to stay in Stillwater for work, and my husband and I also choose to stay for quick one or two night get-aways.

Room Tip: The King Suite at the top of the stairs was marvelous. The jacuzzi rooms are also great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Pam T
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for the great comments and your continued loyalty to Crossings Inn and Suites, Pam. We appreciate you letting our future guests know about your experiences with us. We hope to see you in the near future!
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My family stayed at the Crossings in Stillwater for what was to be only ab couple weeks waiting for our new home to be finished. The "couple weeks" ended up being closer to 2 months. The staff at Crossings was great! They made our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I stay at alot of hotels for work and the professionalism and friendliness of the staff was wonderful and comparable with most upscale hotels. The room was comfortable and spacious. Even though they had wedding parties over the weekends, the hotel stayed quiet. The breakfast was a nice variety of hot entrees and other fresh items. My son loved making his own waffle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank displacedfamily1
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you kindly for the review! We are so happy to have been your temporary "home" for a few weeks. You might need to invest in a waffle iron for your new house now:) Please come back and visit anytime!
South Range, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at Crossings because our daughter had a hockey tournament nearby.
When we checked in, I noticed the bathroom was dirty (the tub had a grimy ring around it and hair in the soap areas; toilet looked like it had never been scrubbed). The next day, I expected they would clean the room. Instead, there was confusion with housekeeping's list and they were waiting for us to check out. I confirmed we were there for two nights. We left again, but room was still not clean when we returned. I called housekeeping and they delivered new towels, but that's it. When we checked out, there was a wedding party waiting as well and commented they had been there FOUR DAYS and had no housekeeping service.
While the location was super convenient, and breakfast options were good, I think they are seriously understaffed and need to focus on having clean rooms too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly P
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your feeback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not the satisfying experience you had hoped for. It sounds like there was some confusion about the number of nights on your reservation and for that, I also apologize. Please rest assured that we have since corrected the issues we were experiencing in the housekeeping department. Take care and have a great day.
ELKHORN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I travel on business in a five state area in the upper Midwest. The Crossings Inn rates right at the top of my list. The staff is very accommodating and helpful in suggesting restaurants and surrounding attractions. The manager is involved with the overall operations and does an outstanding job in working with her staff. If you ask for something out of the ordinary, you could possibly receive it. I will stay at this property in my future visits to the Twin Cities. By the way the parking is not a problem as they have another adjoining lot available. Plus who wants to stay at a property with an empty parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RONALD B
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Ron, we love having you! Thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to your next trip to Stillwater:)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stay elsewhere! We recently had a Mid-August family reunion in Stillwater as 11 family members live there. We booked many rooms for three nights.

-For all of us, rooms were not cleaned daily, for some of us, the rooms were not cleaned for all three days. We borrowed towels from the pool area.

-The parking lot is not large enough for the facility and there is no turnaround so you may have to back out when full and park at an adjacent bank.

-WiFi in the room intermittently dropped service.

-Breakfast and desk staff were courteous.

When notified, the motel office attendant said there were possible computer errors in the room cleaning list. At the end of the stay we were handed a business card. When 'Grand Stay' was notified at the end of our trip, their short written response stated that they would "talk to housekeeping".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Danny L
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to Stillwater. Please accept my sincere apology for frustrations you experienced during your family reunion. We have since corrected the issues we were experiencing in the housekeeping department. I hope that even with the missed daily cleans, you were able to enjoy some summer family time. Take care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Stillwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
BEST WESTERN PLUS White Bear Country Inn
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!