“Beautiful & Restful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Ann Bean Mansion B&B
Ranked #3 of 10 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Beautiful & Restful”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Ann Bean Mansion, and could hardly believe how incredibly spoiled we were by the wonderful in-keepers and beautiful setting. We can't wait to go back for our anniversaries! From home-brewed beer on arrival as you unpack to stunning and yummy breakfasts in the mornings, lovely rooms (many with fireplaces), and a comfortable downstairs set of main rooms to enjoy games and drinks together. If you wish to stay in Stillwater or the surrounding area- it SHOULD BE HERE :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaR321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We just got back from our second trip to the Ann Bean, 2 years in a row, and I already miss it. There is nothing lacking from this establishment and you can tell from the moment you walk into the Ann Bean that the innkeepers LOVE what they do. Each room is cared for lovingly and adorned with thoughtful trinkets and details. The beauty and warmth of the home is reflected in the decor as well as the people who care for it. I have stayed in both the E.L. Hersey room and Jacob's room and I truly cannot decide which one I like more. Both are remarkable in their own way and you will truly not be disappointed in any of the 5 rooms. Breakfast is delicious with fresh ingredients and a creative touch (don't let the word "creative" scare you, it's good food-nothing weird!).I don't really feel any need to visit a different B&B when we visit Stillwater b/c the Ann Bean has such a great thing going on!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary R
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We were greeted at the door by Jeremy, a happy go lucky gentleman who offered us beverages as he escorted us into his beautiful, historic B&B. My husband and I selected the E.L. Hershey room, the pictures on the website are exactly as they were when we stepped into the room. The Ann Bean Mansion is filled with beautiful antiques to enjoy. Jeremy's wife Erin was away when we stayed but we look forward to a future visit to meet her. If you're looking for a wonderful getaway from your busy life where you will be pampered and well fed at breakfast, please don't hesitate to visit the Ann Bean Mansion sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank minnesotakathi
Lisbon, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Had a nice one night stay here in July, and wish we could have stayed one more night. Our room was the E. L. Hershey room with a King bed that had a great mattress. I ordered the Victorian basket which went over well and we and the couple we were traveling with had lots to munch on. Jeremy was pleasant and gave us much info on the area nightlife and where to go for dinner. Be advised walking downtown is all downhill but the steps coming back can be a challenge if you aren't up to it. Taxi back is inexpensive. My wife's only complaint would be to have a little more light in the bathroom, though the shower and tub were great.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Waljohn
Pine Island, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I'm a Floridian and have been for years since I retired, but my heart has always been in Minnesota where I spent most of my life. Stillwater was and still is one of my favorite towns in the country but now that we've discovered the Ann Bean Mansion we have one more reason, and a big one, to visit.
The mansion is located on a quiet street among similar beautiful restorations just a short few blocks from Main Street. My wife and I stayed June 5, 2012 in the Tower room, a really neat room that occupies the third floor and has its own little stairway to a private sitting room on the fourth floor. My notes reflect that the mansion is impeccably maintained and for the most part an authentic restoration or a careful attempt to maintain the character of the place. Our room had an adjoining bath with whirlpool tub and came with wifi, complementary beverages, great robes and towels, a nice walk in double shower, nice bed and every little amenity. Hosts Jeremy and Erin are friendly and totally devoted to making your stay pleasant. They will even deliver breakfast to your room if you're so inclined. Ours was ample, beautifully prepared and even included a whimsical basil ice cream. A first for me, but actually quite good.
We've stayed in maybe a hundred B & Bs over the years but I would certainly rate the Ann Bean among the best. It's well worth it, and Jeremy and Erin have it figured out.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gomersdaddy
Vadnais Heights MN
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Anne Bean for an "early anniversary" trip. We stayed in "Cynthia's Room" in the upper level of the house. The room was exquisite! There was so much attention to detail, it seemed that Erin and Jeremy (the owners) had thought of every need before we could even voice it! The house has such a historic feel to it, but they have restored it so that you are not missing any modern conveniences (like AC- the weather was 90 degrees when we were there but you would not have realized it at all!). The next morning, we had breakfast served in our room and it was wonderful. Truly one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! We really enjoyed our stay at Anne Bean, and wished we had reserved for more than 1 night. But, we will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: Each room has a very unique and different character- whether you like a sunny room with a fun "...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank posytheporcelainpig
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I wanted a beautiful, restful, quiet place to stay for our 15 year anniversary while we enjoyed the Stillwater area's wonderful sites, shops, and activities. We discovered all of that, plus a wonderful host couple at the Ann Bean Mansion B&B. Jeremy and Erin, the friendly couple who owns the Ann Bean Mansion, were warm and welcoming from the moment we walked in the front door until we left. From the gourmet breakfast to the small vase of fresh day lillies in our room, the large and small touches just made the Ann Bean and us as guests feel comfortable and well cared for. Ann and Albert's Room where we stayed was a bright and cheery room with plenty of light streaming through the windows. The bathroom had a relaxing whirlpool tub, and a shower. Not just any shower, but a two-person shower with two shower heads per person! Luxurious! :-)
If you are looking for a place to stay in Stillwater, look no further than the Ann Bean Mansion B&B. We just might make a trip to Stillwater an annual ritual!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quite since none of the bedroom walls adjoin other bedroom walls.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yohanyoung
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson
Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn

Been to Ann Bean Mansion B&B? Share your experiences!