“Almost obscene” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nelson's Drive Inn Dairy Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Stillwater
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Almost obscene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I ordered a "child's cone with a single scoop" (my exact order) and got a full size cone with three huge scoops of ice cream. I hate to think what an adult's triple scoop would look like, let alone how you'd get it out the door. Good ice cream, though--what I was able to eat of it. As another reviewer said, I'd rather pay less (or pay the same: $4.50) and get less ice cream. It's almost obscene.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“I Scream You Scream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

...we all yell for ice cream. This is must see place in Stillwater. But
Don't be foolish and order a single! A child size is ALL anyone needs!!!!

“Best ice cream by far!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I honestly don't care for anything sweet but when I have a craving for sweets, I definitely hit up Nelson's Ice-cream! I live in the area so I always have to save my left overs because I can never eat all of it in one standing. I recommend getting the smaller kids size. It is worth waiting in line for if you love good ice-cream!

Sun City, Arizona
“Not worth the wait.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went there on a Sunday afternoon, line was very long. Portions are large, but do you really need that much ice cream? The biggest issue I had is that they serve Kemp's ice cream. This is good, but really to wait that long in line, I could have gone to the grocery store and bought a couple of containers of ice cream and saved dollars. Rather go to Izzy's or Cup N Cone. Don't waste your time. If you go, just get the child's size, I couldn't even finish that size.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Judygolfing
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Nobody needs that much ice cream!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was not a fan of Nelson's Drive Inn Dairy Store. The portions were way too big, I would rather pay less and get a reasonable portion size! The second thing that I didn't like was they are serving Kemp's ice cream which you can buy in any grocery store in Minnesota! Give me Izzy's or Sebastian Joe's any day where they actually make their own high quality, much better tasting ice cream! We actually saw a family who brought a tupperware container with them to put their extra ice cream in. The tables were also disgusting because nobody can eat that amount of ice cream quick enough to not have their ice cream dripping everywhere.

• 5 of 5 bubbles