Water Street Inn
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn(Hudson)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsthe riverirish publift bridgehigh ceilingsdowntown stillwaterroom suitehistoric buildingwatch tvmain streetfireplaceballroomhistoryera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Recently stayed one night in Stillwater! Had never been here and wanted to see what it is like.

The location is great as it is very close to everything (water, lift bridge, shops).

Our room was very spacious. We had a city view with no balcony. As previous posters have stated, the bed linens were very lumpy and the bed was not comfortable.

The building is historic as is the décor including the furniture. If you are into antiques, this is the place for you.

I would stay here again as it was very clean. With there not being a lot of options for lodging, I can understand the price on a weekend but thought it is pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotraveltami
101water, General Manager at Water Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your great feedback and response. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Water Street Inn for the first time due to an event that we went to on the St. Croix with friends. Other hotels were charging nearly the same rate and we already knew of their quality of rooms. So we decided if we were going to splurge why not Water Street Inn. Needless to say we were disappointed in the hotel for the price we paid. The room was large but outdated, even for an inn. Updates are needed especially if they are going to keep charging those prices.

We wished there was better entrance from the parking lot or a sign to the front of the building. We traipsed through a wedding reception in our boating clothes.

One other note, as I was heading into the bathroom to take a shower while my husband was downstairs at brunch, I heard housekeeping knock on the door. I did not go to the door but yelled, which i would think indicated people are still in the room and not checked out. However, during my shower, I heard someone in the room and knocked on the bathroom door (and it was not my husband)! Disturbing needless to say. No one was at the front desk when we checked out so we just left the key on the desk and left.

Wish there were more hotel options in the Stillwater area. Most are poor quality and bad value for the price you end up paying for.

Room Tip: Away from the street if you want quiet
1  Thank LACIE B

Thank you for your valuable feedback on trip advisor.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This property is almost right on the St Croix River and appears to be very historic and old. The suite I stayed in was very spacious. The bathroom had been renovated and contained a walk in shower, which I prefer instead of the bathtub/shower combo. A jet tub was in the bedroom portion of the suite far away from the bathroom entrance, which I didn't like. The furniture throughout the room was vintage for the period; however, it was not comfortable at all for sitting/reading. Antique furnishings look nice, however, they do not provide any comfort for the visitor. The mattress on the four-poster bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were very lumpy. For the price of the suite, the bed and linens should have exceeded my expectations, but they didn't. As such, I did not sleep well at all. There was a balcony off the bedroom with 2 chairs and a table. The balcony was small, but functional. My suite was on the back of the hotel next to the park / river and very close to the lift bridge. My friend and I sat on our respective balconies in our adjoining rooms until well after dark and enjoyed people watching on the waterfront. All in all, I wouldn't return unless I knew that the furniture had been updated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
101water, General Manager at Water Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review and honesty regarding our Historic furniture! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We loved the room decor and size. We stayed on a Wednesday night only to find that the garbage service date for Water Street was 5:19 A.M. on Thursday. For more than 20 minutes we listened to the garbage truck pickup dumpsters and slam them around. Add that to the horrible bed and sleep eluded us. The staff should have been aware of this situation and made sure we placed in a room away from Water Street, arranged with the garbage company to change the schedule, or at the very least let us know about it. We stayed at the Lowell Inn last year and wanted to be a little closer to the action. Our stay at the Lowell was superb.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your comments and business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

do not bother getting the birthday pkg. I was disappointed in the room we were given,wallpaper was loose in the corner, tub was in the bathroom, not in the same room as the bed, like the website showed. balcony very narrow, so we asked if there was a room facing the river available, they were very gracious, and switched us. This room looked more like the website. enjoyed the tub, while looking at the river. The air conditioning however, did not work. luckily, it was cool during the night and we had all the windows open. we did get an extra bottle of wine because of that. I did have to ask for the wine that comes with the birthday pkg. The meal we had was just ok. Do not get the au gratin potatoes, they were cut from a pan, made the day before, very dry and cold. steak and walleye were just ok, and NO beverage comes with the meal, you have to pay for that! the next day when we came back for our second meal, (all of which we paid dearly for with the birthday pkg) the tables were not cleaned well, the napkin that wrapped the silverware was very dirty, and when we complained about the tables, we were not given any satisfaction. we left, not using the meal tickets that we had paid for already, and went to another restaurant, with CLEAN tables,
very disappointed and the customer service from the management afterwards speaks loudly, as to why so many complaints are here.

6  Thank Debbie S

Thank you for your feedback and your review. I will speak with our restaurant manager to address your concerns. Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.