“Great BBQ”

Ranked #65 of 93 Restaurants in Stillwater
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Famous Daves is our favorite BBQ restaurant.
Great smoky flavor to the meat if you like that sort of thing. Good variety of sauces from mild to hot.
Good "North Woods Cabin" atmosphere and service.

Visited February 2013

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Excellent BBQ & Dinner”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife and I came for a Saturday night dinner. While we've also had good luck here, tonight's meal was exceptional. We both had the St. Louis Ribs and they were *wonderful*. Just done perfectly. For sides we both had the Wilbur beans. For the 2nd side, my wife has the coleslaw while I had the fries. Once again, really delicious. Everything was done very well. Service was good also. Plus happy hour - on a Saturday. I can't remember when we've enjoyed a meal so much.

• Visited April 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Famous Dave's Better This Time”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I wrote an earlier review of Famous Dave's expressing my disappointment in their service and food from a previous visit. We have since visited the same Famous Dave's and had a very different experience.

My husband and I returned without our children in February and had a delightful dinner.

When we were seated I shared with our waitress that our previous visit had been unsatisfactory and was hoping this visit would be better. It sure was! She was the perfect blend of checking in, not stopping by too often but making sure we were satisfied and had everything we needed.

My chicken was done to perfection and falling off the bone, the way good barbeque should be. Yum. We didn't have to wait for our food, she brought it out only minutes after we'd placed our order. On top of that, we had a coupon so the price was right.

I'm glad we stopped in and gave you another chance Famous Dave's. The food and service were great. Job well done!

• Visited February 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Sad To Say, Famous Dave's Disappoints...”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We've eaten at Famous Dave's in Stillwater, MN and Hayward, WI countless times and to be fair, perhaps I should have written a review after a better experience. Our family (and three extra extended family members, for a total of eight) dined at Famous Dave's last night. The restaurant was quiet, only a few other parties were seated. Even so, they crammed us at two round tables put together which was an awkward seating arrangement. I could have understood it if no other tables were available, but that wasn't the situation.

We placed our order and they brought out a few plates of chips to munch on and try the different barbeque sauces while we waited, a nice touch. The problem was, for the restaurant being as quiet as it was we waited a reallllly long time to get our food. Even making allowances for it being a table of eight, our wait time (approx. 45 minutes) was much too long.

When we were served our meals it was a mixed bag. Some people thoroughly enjoyed their meals while others received cold food. I ordered the barbeque chicken platter. I always order the barbeque chicken platter. It's my favorite Famous Dave's meal. Usually the chicken is juicy and flavorful but unfortunately, last night it was rubbery and underdone. The kind of chicken where you have to literally saw it off the bone because it's came off the grill too early. What a disappointment! Chicken really isn't hard to get right and usually they do, but last night was a big failure in my eyes. Yuck.

My husband can take or leave Famous Dave's and usually I'm the one who suggests we dine there but after last night I think we'll try another restaurant the next time we're eating out. For the price, Famous Dave's just wasn't up to par.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank 1_Can_Do_Mom
“Famous Daves BBQ is my favorite”
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

I love Famous Daves BBQ! My favorite item on the menu is the beef brisket, it is very flavorful and melts in your mouth :) the prices here are good for a filling meal. Typically I get 2 meats, 2 sides and corn bread for about $15. The drinks are free refills and they have a full bar for adult beverages. The atmosphere is the same here as most other Famous Daves, there is antler light fixtures, lots of old signs hanging and a lot of rough wood walls and tables. This is usually my first choice when it comes to my Birthday dinner.