“What a shame”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had not been back to this restaurant since it went into new ownership and decided to give it a try on the spur of the moment.

I must say, I was very disappointed. It is exactly the same as it was under the previous owners. I think they must have trained the new owners. We had the 22€ menu, which is quite expensive for a lunch but didn't like what the 15€ menu offered so that was the next best choice. The starter was a mousse of white asparagus with parma ham. The mousse was light as a feather but tasted of nothing and it amounted to about a tablespoonful with one slice of ham and 2 little tomato halves and lettuce. Our main was pork which again was a miniscule amount and so small that it couldn't help but be overcooked and chewy, the vegetables were 1 small cauliflower floret, 1 small brocolli floret, 3 mange tout(s) and ratte new potatoes which should have been delicious but were cooked to a shrivel. The vegetables were cold but by the time you had tasted, they were gone so couldn't even complain. Dessert was a mousse of white chocolate which was light as air (as the asparagus mousse) but absolutely nothing to it, There were 2 chocolate shards in the glass which had to be held in your hand (not good when it is 32 degrees) and by the time I managed to catch the servers eye to ask for a plate, the chocolate had melted. My companion had a version of creme brulee with berries in it and a sorbet plonked on the top. He said the brulee was watery and the sorbet would have been nice served separately and would not have melted into the brulee.

I like to tell them if I don't like something but my fellow diner had already said we were okay with the meal before I got a chance.

My biggest bugbear here was that we were outside under a large awning and smoking was allowed. Not very pleasant for other diners. For all her faults, the previous owner never allowed this. I know it is not illegal as we were outside but as we were not given the option of dining in, we had to just put up with it.

I will go again when the summer season ends and see if we are offered a seat inside and give them another chance but, as it is only 5 minutes from where I live, I would have prefered to be able to give it a good review and have a nice restaurant on our doorstep.

Shame.

1  Thank desormais

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have eaten in this restaurant a few times now under the new owners. The food is consistently good, not overpriced and service friendly and helpful. The courtyard gives a great ambiance and I have no hesitation in recommending a visit. Have already booked my next trip!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have eaten here twice in May, once with friends and once with my husband to celebrate my birthday. They use locally-sourced food and you can choose a fixed price menu from the a la carte choices. All is beautifully cooked and served, with very good local wines.

LWB

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have a small house in this village and eat at Le Pressoir every time we come here. The food is excellent, the welcome extremely friendly and the local wines offered are the ones we like!
We have eaten lunch and dinner here and as I am gluten free I have to ask questions and at Le Pressoir, there is never a problem. I am accomodated and welcome that feeling.We are able to walk there which is a bonus of course, but we love being able to tell visitors to our little house, Maison Blanche, to go there and enjoy the ambience, food and wine. The prices are well placed for the quality of food.
Long may it continue.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friend and I called in for lunch one day last week. We went for the Menu de Marche which means you have three courses but there is no choice. First course was avocado salad, lovely dressing, second course was Veal on a bed of mashed potatoes with a ju, broccoli, cauliflower, mange tout and carrots, and for the dessert it was choux pastry in the shape of a swan filled with cream. It was fantastic. The bill came to 3o Euros for the two of us. Will be back.