“Delicieux”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our first dinner at this restaurant. We had heard it was under new management and locals had recommended it to us. We were not disappointed.

We were made to feel very welcome from the outset and chose to sit outside as it was a beautiful summer evening. My French is dreadful, but I do generally understand what is said to me and our host was very patient. She spoke English but only reverted to English if I said I did not understand, which I appreciated. I do dislike it when native speakers default to English when I am making an valiant effort to speak their language. So top marks for that.

The ambience was relaxed and informal but great care was taken to present everything as one would expect in a decent restaurant.

The aperitifs (on the house) were welcome. I had Ravioli (Sweetbreads) for entree- a risk as I had never eaten sweetbreads before but this dish was very tasty, and I would highly recommend it. My dinner guest chose the white aspargus which was very good I was told.

For the main course we both had Tourte d'épaule d'agneau aux champignons de Paris. We both agreed this was outstandingly delicious. Very well presented with perfectly cooked vegetables. Magnifique!

Desserts did not fail to please us either, with a rice pudding & morello cherries for me and a mousse aux fraises. Again a high standard in both taste and presentation.

This was all accompanied with a very good local wine.

Service was attentive, friendly but not invasive- no unnecessary fussing which is always appreciated by me.

Total price- €70

I would most certainly eat here again. Congratulations to Fabienne & Alex!

2  Thank Mr-Cinnamon-UK

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had not been back to this restaurant since it went into new ownership and decided to give it a try on the spur of the moment.

I must say, I was very disappointed. It is exactly the same as it was under the previous owners. I think they must have trained the new owners. We had the 22€ menu, which is quite expensive for a lunch but didn't like what the 15€ menu offered so that was the next best choice. The starter was a mousse of white asparagus with parma ham. The mousse was light as a feather but tasted of nothing and it amounted to about a tablespoonful with one slice of ham and 2 little tomato halves and lettuce. Our main was pork which again was a miniscule amount and so small that it couldn't help but be overcooked and chewy, the vegetables were 1 small cauliflower floret, 1 small brocolli floret, 3 mange tout(s) and ratte new potatoes which should have been delicious but were cooked to a shrivel. The vegetables were cold but by the time you had tasted, they were gone so couldn't even complain. Dessert was a mousse of white chocolate which was light as air (as the asparagus mousse) but absolutely nothing to it, There were 2 chocolate shards in the glass which had to be held in your hand (not good when it is 32 degrees) and by the time I managed to catch the servers eye to ask for a plate, the chocolate had melted. My companion had a version of creme brulee with berries in it and a sorbet plonked on the top. He said the brulee was watery and the sorbet would have been nice served separately and would not have melted into the brulee.

I like to tell them if I don't like something but my fellow diner had already said we were okay with the meal before I got a chance.

My biggest bugbear here was that we were outside under a large awning and smoking was allowed. Not very pleasant for other diners. For all her faults, the previous owner never allowed this. I know it is not illegal as we were outside but as we were not given the option of dining in, we had to just put up with it.

I will go again when the summer season ends and see if we are offered a seat inside and give them another chance but, as it is only 5 minutes from where I live, I would have prefered to be able to give it a good review and have a nice restaurant on our doorstep.

Shame.

1  Thank desormais
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have eaten in this restaurant a few times now under the new owners. The food is consistently good, not overpriced and service friendly and helpful. The courtyard gives a great ambiance and I have no hesitation in recommending a visit. Have already booked my next trip!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have eaten here twice in May, once with friends and once with my husband to celebrate my birthday. They use locally-sourced food and you can choose a fixed price menu from the a la carte choices. All is beautifully cooked and served, with very good local wines.

LWB

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have a small house in this village and eat at Le Pressoir every time we come here. The food is excellent, the welcome extremely friendly and the local wines offered are the ones we like!
We have eaten lunch and dinner here and as I am gluten free I have to ask questions and at Le Pressoir, there is never a problem. I am accomodated and welcome that feeling.We are able to walk there which is a bonus of course, but we love being able to tell visitors to our little house, Maison Blanche, to go there and enjoy the ambience, food and wine. The prices are well placed for the quality of food.
Long may it continue.