“gorgeous sunrises!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tofte
Chateau LeVeaux on Lake Superior
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tofte
Midwest
“gorgeous sunrises!”
Reviewed 13 March 2007

Was wondering up the Minnesota North Shore in Fall enjoying the brilliant color show and decided to check out The Chateau. Not much to look at from the front, but the VIEW is all out the back. I chose a lower unit because my dog was along and this is a pet friendly place. It was easy to let her sit out on the patio and enjoy watching the squirrels and chipmunks play. Of course, I didn't mind just sitting in the warm sun there too and listening to the waves crash on the rocky shore just a few feet away.

Loved the wood burning fireplace and the whirlpool tub was welcome after a long day of hiking in the nearby Superior National Forest. The next day was golf on the nearby spectacular Superior National course. Wow is all I can say. We cooked steaks on the grill right outside our patio and even took part in a bonfire right down on the water with some other friendly guests. But the big Ta-Da was the sunrises each morning. Several of us met outside for coffee to share the experience. This place was a gem in the rough and goes on our list of secret hide-aways. Small, friendly guests and staff and killer scenery right out my door. Sort of like stepping back in time to a less hectic place......

Stayed September 2006
3 Thank NRGPartner

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 December 2006

My wife and I have stayed here several times. The view of Lake Superior is spectacular! The indoor fireplaces are a plus as well (although I wish they would still provide firewood). Highly recommended.

They are pet friendly too!

• Liked — location, pet friendly
  • Disliked — A little pricey
  • Stayed March 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank metric
Minnesota
Reviewed 11 December 2006

I stayed in a Lakeview Suite at the Chateau Leveaux in early December of 2006. My sister and I were looking for an affordable place to stay near Lutsen Mountain. We didn't have terribly high expectations as we planned to spend the greater part of the weekend snowboarding.

We discovered a Ski & Stay package for the Chateau Leveaux through Lutsen's website. We chose this hotel over the others as the room included a fridge and microwave and the hotel had a pool and hot tub.

We were pleasantly surprised to arrive and discover that our room was cozily decorated in a charming Northwoods motif. The hotels lobby was also cozy and woodsy with a large fireplace. The pool and hot tub room was impecably clean. By far the best feature that this hotel has to offer is the unbelievable view of the sunrise over Lake Superior. You know it's spectacular when it can get two groggy 20-year-old snowboarders out of bed before 9 a.m.

• Liked — The view.
  • Disliked — No continental breakfast.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring an eye mask if you need the room to be pitch black in order to sleep.
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank going2flyaway
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 June 2006

Okay I know I am a 'Local Expert' for Minneapolis, a handle Trip Advisor bestowed upon me when I began hanging around posting comments for months. One might think with that moniker I travel a fair bit, when I dont really much. Im few times a year and occansal bussiness traveler. With that said, I spend countless hours "planning'trips in an old "Let's Make a deal' kind of way, then have the Family select which 'door- door number 1, door number 2 or would you like door number 3 ' to select so we can hit the road and go somewhere. ' The could be a flight or a road trip.
This year, we headed to the Northshore, Highway 61, to relax, unwind with breathtaking Lake Superior Views. We were not dissappointed when we arrived at Chateau LeVeaux Resort between Tofte and Lutsen, Minnesota.
Family crietria for lodging included for me-the stunning view, my son-wanted a pool, and my husband wanted Wifi. Well, 2 out 3 isnt bad. No wifi. Infact, for your relaxing pleasure, no phones in the condo rooms, but rather they are located in a phone station in the main lobby. My cell phone didnt even get reception. We were about 90 miles North of Duluth, Mn.
The condo, a good size one bedroom that sleeps four (pull out couch) had the best feature for me-that being a full kitchen. When you think of all those meals, just having a full kitchen gave us some suprizing options, like fresh cinnomon buns baked in the oven one morning, a walk out garden level roon, had a patio with chairs for Lake Viewing, or if we chose we could have cooked on the outside shared grill.
Exploring the Northshore lead us along Hwg 61 whicvh you can read about in the Scenic Northshore Inside Pages. My son and I enjoyed the steps leading down the rocks to the edge of Lake Superior. One morning, I took my morning coffee there, just looking at the water. Awesome.
They have a pool, nice lobby and will let you watch any 2 at a time movies-VCR tapes with the vcr in the room.
The room had a fireplace and Chateau LeVeaux provided a firelog each night(additional for purchase)- it cools off in the evening so even in June we had a fire two of our three nights. My son had the couch, we had the bed and all slept fine. I
know I like to find places that include breakfast, but having the full kitchen let me prepare my own -pancakes, furit, toast, eggs and juice. There might be a closer Grocery, or if you bring from home or along the way- we didnt bring much, so drove 25 miles to Grand Marais and bought food. (Two groceries there-Johnsons and IGA) Rice, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers.

My husband and son, I admit, were having withdrawl from the internet(good for them, reminds me of when I went away in summers and I thought I would Die if I didnt get a letter) How times change- and stay the same.

We went on to Duluth for an additional two night stay- there my cell worked and we had internet- it just didnt feel like a vacation then....I'll add my photos soon.

8 Thank wateronbluesky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofte
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior
Best Western Plus Superior Inn & Suites
Bluefin Bay on Lake Superior
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior
Caribou Highlands Lodge

Been to Chateau LeVeaux on Lake Superior? Share your experiences!