“It was ok if you done mind thin walls!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tofte
Chateau LeVeaux on Lake Superior
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tofte
Reviewed 7 January 2011

My boyfriend and I just wanted a nice get away from the cities. The location is really great since we really like to hike and be outdoors. Our room was nice, could have been a little cleaner but it was overall good. Our biggest complaint is the noise!!! The walls seemed to be paper thin. The people above us sounded like they were doing aerobic activities at all times of the day or maybe bowling from the sounds of it. It got pretty annoying. We overheard people at the pool talking about how thin the walls were also. If you can overlook the noise factor it was a good place to stay. Having a pool and hot tub was a blessing after a long day snowshoeing. The amenities are nice, but the noise about sent me out of my mind!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babushca11

Reviewed 15 December 2010

This was our second time at this property. Last one was about 5 years ago. The condos are owned by people and rented out. I can't say enough about the view and the beautiful night sky. Lake Superior right at your door. Both times we stayed here we booked it through a newspaper online auction and we get a great price. We had a fine time on our first visit and I'm surprised I didn't post a review. This time it seems the place is running down a little, the two young people that checked us in were just seemed to go through the motions. Our room had average furnishings. The futon in the living room wasn't the most comfortable thing to watch TV on. One of the cabinet doors in the kitchen is falling off it's hinges. But the worst thing was the people upstairs. I'm not sure if there were kids involved but the noise on the floor was ongoing throughout the 2 days we were there. Back and forth so many times. On our second day we came back from town and the man was taking up the planks on his deck and throwing them in front of our patio. The property was not crowded at all so if management was aware this was going on, they should have booked us elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milesb1213
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I arrived after dark, there were more stars than sky. When I awoke at dawn, I pulled back the drape and looked out into a sapphire blue sky, crescent moon hanging over the calm water of Lake Superior. Just a tinge of pink and orange kissed the hoizon where the sun would soon rise. I grabbed my camera and descended the wooden stairs to the stone cliffs below. Water gently lapped the lichen covered rocks, a squirrel chattered.
The power of the lake is hidden beneath the velvet surface this morning. I feel incredibly
inspired as I sit motionless feeling the embrace of lake,rocks and sky. I can't say enough about this place.... The setting is wonderful. The property managers are an absolutely darling newlywed couple. They told me about some great hikes and good places for photos and daytrips. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We stayed for a few nights and had a wonderful time. Very nice, quiet and clean room. We stayed in one of the Superior rooms on the third floor. Most are townhomes however and this is one of three rooms that are available for shorter stays. The views are beyond compare and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again. Close to all one would want to do on the north shore.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Chateau LeVeaux on Lake Superior - nice rooms, pool & hot tub - huge deck overlooking Lake Superior. Great place for winter or summer stay! Would stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We stay at the chateau a couple times a year. We just stayed over the long 4th of july weekend and it was not the same. The whole staff was different that we could see and not real friendley and they didn't seem to know what they were doing. Our room that we stay in every time was not very clean at all and was missing alot of things. When we did see a staff member we knew and asked what was going on she told us the managment company has changed along with new staffing. All we can say is they better get these people trained in right or get the old staff back! We loved the chateau but i'm not sure if we will go back or at least for a year or so untill they get things figured out.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelbug0010
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I thought this hotel was just OK. The location was convenient and fun to walk along the rocks. The hotel room itself was TINY. They tried to cram all this furniture in it to make it look cozy, but it really just got in the way. They'd be better off removing some of the excess clutter so there's more comfort in moving around.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ms T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofte
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior
Surfside on Lake Superior
East Bay Suites
East Bay Suites
#3 of 10 in Grand Marais

Been to Chateau LeVeaux on Lake Superior? Share your experiences!