Wilder Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tracy
See available hotels
Delux Motel(Marshall)
Lamberton Motel(Lamberton)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here on our stop to Little House on Plum Creek, Laura Ingalls Wilder. Nice older motel with many nice updates. Owner very friendly and affordable to stay at as well. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Brian12238040
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here in July of 2011 during our visit to Walnut Grove and after seeing their pageants (which I totally recommend as well!). Their rooms were nicely furnished, they had SLEEP NUMBER beds which I thought was a total BONUS. The rooms were clean and well kept. They had coffee, juice and donuts in the morning in their office. Their staff was extremely helpful, nice and welcoming. I would def. stay here again or recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank squirellybird
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed here with our two little girls while attending the Laura Ingalls Wilder activities in Walnut Grove. This is the closest motel to the Pagaent site and Walnut Grove.

The room was VERY clean, had a coffee maker, tv with lots of cable channels, desk and chair and a small fridge. Lots of fresh towels and the air conditioning was on and COLD! When you stay out on the prairie in the heat of summer, this was a great relief! Fresh donuts and coffee in the mornings too. I had no problems using the Wi-Fi.

My only real compaint was the water was very hard and I never felt clean after taking a shower, there was no ice machine (they do have bagged ice for free in the lobby freezer), bedspread was a bit outdated and no artwork on the walls.

There is the small city park right across the street, as well as a restaraunt. You can have picnic lunch and place for the kids to run around so you can strech your legs after a day of travel.

For an old motel (I know, I stayed here 25 years ago with my parents) they have done a good job of cleaning the place up and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If traveling for the Laura Pageant in July, book your room here at least 3 months in advance.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank amy1510
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is the only motel in the Walnut Grove/Tracy area. It is right out of the 1960's, but it is good for what it is. The owners could not be nicer and you can park right at your door. The wireless is weak and there are no coffeemakers in the room. They do provided coffee, doughnuts, and fruit in the office in the mornings.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SugarCreek
Reviewed 7 February 2011

First time stay at the Wilder Inn. Pleasantly surprised at it cleanliness and neatness. Would recommend to others, definitely. Very gracious upon checking in and out; friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple