“Retro”
Review of Wilder Inn

Wilder Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tracy
Wilder Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tracy
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed here 1 night following the walnut grove pageant. There aren't many places to stay in the area so I was a little hesitant about the quality of the motel. I was very pleased. It is an older motel but has been remodeled and is obviously cared for. Good night's sleep. Would stay there again if I had to.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank drhalfpint

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Now understand that this is a old motel. It has been kept up well but it is very small. We thought that it smelled slightly of smoke and booze which we find unpleasant. We talked with some men who said that the place is a frequent stop-over for the railroad so that may explain it. One reviewer wrote that there were sleep number beds- our room did not have one.
It is a good place to stay for the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NannerSwan
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is an older motel...they 1950's style where you park right in front of your door. The room was simple but clean, neat and freshly renovated. There were dark window coverings that allowed a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and allowed an early check in. We had questions about attractions near by. Staff were happy to call to make inquires for us. There was a frig and microwave in the room. Coffee was available in the office but not in the rooms. Overall it was a positive experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leahanddave
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at the Wilder Inn every year for many years and will continue to as the rooms are clean and the owners are friendly. They will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Don W
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here on our stop to Little House on Plum Creek, Laura Ingalls Wilder. Nice older motel with many nice updates. Owner very friendly and affordable to stay at as well. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Brian12238040
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here in July of 2011 during our visit to Walnut Grove and after seeing their pageants (which I totally recommend as well!). Their rooms were nicely furnished, they had SLEEP NUMBER beds which I thought was a total BONUS. The rooms were clean and well kept. They had coffee, juice and donuts in the morning in their office. Their staff was extremely helpful, nice and welcoming. I would def. stay here again or recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank squirellybird
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed here with our two little girls while attending the Laura Ingalls Wilder activities in Walnut Grove. This is the closest motel to the Pagaent site and Walnut Grove.

The room was VERY clean, had a coffee maker, tv with lots of cable channels, desk and chair and a small fridge. Lots of fresh towels and the air conditioning was on and COLD! When you stay out on the prairie in the heat of summer, this was a great relief! Fresh donuts and coffee in the mornings too. I had no problems using the Wi-Fi.

My only real compaint was the water was very hard and I never felt clean after taking a shower, there was no ice machine (they do have bagged ice for free in the lobby freezer), bedspread was a bit outdated and no artwork on the walls.

There is the small city park right across the street, as well as a restaraunt. You can have picnic lunch and place for the kids to run around so you can strech your legs after a day of travel.

For an old motel (I know, I stayed here 25 years ago with my parents) they have done a good job of cleaning the place up and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If traveling for the Laura Pageant in July, book your room here at least 3 months in advance.