I've stayed here 5 times, winter, fall and summer. This time I took my teenagers for a Saturday to Monday trip. We stayed in room E410. The best part of the Burlington Bay is the spaciousness of the main room, and the separate large master suite. The king bed was comfortable and the pullout couch was easy to set up. There are 2 flatscreen tv's - one 42" in the living room and one 32" in the master - both with DVD players. We downloaded movies to our kindle and connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. Everything feels clean and modern.
There is also a fully stocked kitchen and a full dining table. We stopped at the local grocery to buy supplies. We had breakfast in the room and one night made spaghetti. Nice to have a big fridge to stock pop and food. Also used the stove, coffee maker and toaster. All good. The maid even loaded the dishwasher and ran it for us.
The bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels, soaps, shampoo and conditioner. Large shower with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Nice jacuzzi in the master.
The kids enjoyed the pool which we had to ourselves on Sunday afternoon. On Saturday it was packed, so we skipped that day. Especially liked the indoor/outdoor hot tub as the temp was around 60 outside with a foggy mist. Perfect temp - also used the sauna.
We had brunch Sunday morning at Kamloops. Eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and french toast. Assorted fruits and pastries. Just average and a little over-priced. Nice view of the lake from the dining room.
We went up to Betty's Pies - yum!. We also spent a few hours hiking at Gooseberry Falls. Very nice and the recent rains made thunderous falls. Parking lots were packed but didn't feel crowded.
One downfall is that wi-fi is not good. I used my iPhone as a hotspot so we could all get on our devices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superior Shores Resort is located on Lake Superior in Two Harbors, Minnesota, twenty miles north of Duluth. The resort offers a variety of accommodations at three unique properties that include the Main Lodge, Burlington Bay, and the Lakehomes. Situated on sixty acres of north woods forest, the resort features over a mile of Lake Superior coastline. Conveniently located at the center of many North Shore attractions, including Gooseberry Falls, Split Rock Lighthouse, Canal Park and the Superior Hiking Trail, the resort is the perfect base camp location for your day tripping activities. With something for everyone, visit Superior Shores Resort and experience the North Shore at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Superior Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Superior Shores Hotel Two Harbors
- Superior Shores Two Harbors