My husband and I had our wedding at Superior Shores on July 7, 2007. Everyone at the resort is extremely helpful. Becky is the event coordinator. I, probably, had a total of a million questions through out the planning process of the wedding and she answered everyone kindly and effeciently. One thing I will say if you are planning a wedding at Superior Shores, they tell you you have the Ballroom for the whole weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) but don't assume you will be the only wedding at the resort on that Saturday. They do use the resturant for smaller receptions. We had three ceremonies (including ours) at the resort that day. This was the busiest wedding day in quite some time though. The do frequently have two on the same day though.
As far as the rooms and guest service goes, I didn't hear of any problems. I moved around rooms the three nights we were there and the only thing we came across was that the set of townhomes that my parents were in didn't have air conditioning in them. Be aware of this when you book a townhome. Air Conditioning isn't needed in this area often but if it does get hot some don't have air conditioning.
Just a comment about those complaining of the resort tax and lodging fee. These fees are used state wide in Minnesota. There is a 4% resort tax in any resort in the State as well as a lodging fee that can vary by county or city. They do mention these fees and what percentage they are when you are viewing room descriptions and rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superior Shores Resort is located on Lake Superior in Two Harbors, Minnesota, twenty miles north of Duluth. The resort offers a variety of accommodations at three unique properties that include the Main Lodge, Burlington Bay, and the Lakehomes. Situated on sixty acres of north woods forest, the resort features over a mile of Lake Superior coastline. Conveniently located at the center of many North Shore attractions, including Gooseberry Falls, Split Rock Lighthouse, Canal Park and the Superior Hiking Trail, the resort is the perfect base camp location for your day tripping activities. With something for everyone, visit Superior Shores Resort and experience the North Shore at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Superior Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Superior Shores Hotel Two Harbors
- Superior Shores Two Harbors