We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Two Harbors
Gooseberry Park Cottages and Motel
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

What a gem of a resort! If you have never been here, I'd highly recommend it for your north shore vacation. With a striking view of the lake and great prices, it's hard to beat! The cabins are so clean and cozy that I felt like I was in my own hideaway for the night! The owners are heartfelt people who only want a great stay and time for you. Have a great time here! I know I'll most definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Mklanger

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at Gooseberry park in Feb 2014 with a group of 6 adults for a snowmobiling weekend and the location is great for access to North Shore trail...right across 61.
The owners were two of the nicest and most helpful people...we had an issue with one of our snowmobiles and they let us use their heated garage and tools to work on it and also offered to let us use one of their snowmobiles if we couldn't get ours running.
I do hate to say that they are selling the place in April 2014 to new owners so I just hope they are as nice and helpful as the current owners.
The cabin we stayed in was right on Lake Superior and the view was great, the place is a bit small for 6 adults but we were not in the cabin much other than sleeping. They are in very good condition and have most all that you need for cooking etc...I would definitely recommend this place to people who are not looking for the $300/night experience they can get elsewhere....this is more old school resort than some of the fancier places nearby....but, the charm, location and price are unbeatable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The cabins are right on the lake and are not new but old . No phones and a tv that only gets a few channels. Fire wood is available for beach fires on the rocks. It's a great place and o.e of the last of it's kind.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was planning a Lake Superior circle tour trip for the summer of 2014. Found this place on the website. I do very careful planning and had been working on the plans for months. Called to make a reservation for the end of June, 2014 on December 29, 2013. I needed a room for one night, that's all we had time for. I was told that they don't take reservations for only one night. There was no information on any sight that had that information on it. I wasted a lot of time and had to begin the search for another lodging site all over again. If that's their policy, it should be stated on the website like other places have done.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank janelle h
Ted V, Owner at Gooseberry Park Cottages and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

We are sorry you did not get enough information. This review was for the former ownership. We purchased the resort in March of 2014. Please try us again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place was a wonderful North Shore escape! We stayed in cabin 4 and loved it. We were reminded of days gone by when cabins were quaint little dwellings rich in love and laughter. We enjoyed the modern appliances in a rustic knotty pine setting. The screened in porch was by far one of the best features. We were more secluded then the cabins with decks and it was a wonderful place to enjoy a peaceful prayer time with God and a lovely breakfast with my husband. We could see and hear the lake just down the hill and it had such a calming affect. Especially when we were in bed. We sat by the campfire on the lakeshore both nights and enjoyed hunting for the ever elusive Lake Superior agates. My husband also enjoyed stacking rocks here and there. We utilized the little "free" store they stocked with movies, pop and
essentials one may have forgotten. Our cabin could sleep six but I would only do that if I knew my fellow companions. The early risers may prefer the sleeper sofa since they would be less apt to disturb the occupants in the bedrooms. I will admit we could also hear the traffic on the road but think that is par for the course when staying on the North Shore. Go there and create wonderful memories like we did!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rita J
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I drove the north shore during Duluth's Tall ships, not knowing Tall Ships was going on, and failed to reserve a hotel room. Not good as all rooms everywhere were booked, but just needed one night. We were driving noticed a vacancy sign, stopped, turned around and fell in love! Cabin 5 opened up earlier that day as people had left early unexpectedly. What a great place, feels like your in your own world. It's clean, rustic and quaint. But most importantly the area is gorgeous! Had a fire down by the lake; it was beautiful! Just down the road from Gooseberry Falls. It was a place found by pure luck for us, and we met people who are "regulars" and come back year after year for the same reasons!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Marblesmom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were looking for a comfortable place to stay on the North Shore and Gooseberry Park was JUST what we needed! A fully furnished and very cozy cabin right on the lake shore! Couldn't have been more convenient or perfect! A reasonably priced very well appointed and clean cabin overlooking beautiful Lake Superior with all the amenities one could ask for. We fit our family of 6 very comfortably into the "housekeeping cabin" (not sure why it's called that). Satellite TV to occupy the kids at night, a guest center with free DVDs to borrow, snacks, cokes, etc. An easy staircase down to the private beach, a huge campfire ring at water's edge and all the firewood you need. This place is a hidden gem! We loved it! Thanks so much, Jared and Jill (I think that was the owner's names, we just met, but they were very nice and friendly)! Not only is this place so very convenient and worthy in it's own right, it's also very near Two Harbors and the Gooseberry Falls State Park and Splitrock Lighthouse, perfect location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 6 in Two Harbors
Voyageur Motel
Voyageur Motel
#6 of 6 in Two Harbors

Been to Gooseberry Park Cottages and Motel? Share your experiences!