“Nice Job!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Two Harbors
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Nice Job!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I like the town of Two Harbors precisely because it is NOT a touristy place. Unfortunately, plans are being made for a waterfront marina (which may or may not help the local economy, but it will most certainly change the all-American working-class atmosphere that the town has always had).

A big plus about Two Harbors is the library, which shows foreign films monthly.

Another big plus is the Voyageur Motel. It is one of those good old-fashioned Mom & Pop operations that delivers all the basics: clean, quiet, comfortable, reasonable rates. It's a short walk from the lake, close to several good restaurants, with a laundromat next door. Antique lawn ornaments decorate the parking lot. Shower in unit 6 is big enough for two people! Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Carpeting, bed spreads, and curtains all in good shape. Pets are welcome. These folks work hard to maintain this place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Dakota C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The hotel is located right off the main drag, making it easy to get anywhere quick.
The lady running the hotel was very helpful, and gave lots of tips for food in the area.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank dazzlingdaveyoyo
Forest Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My Husband and I stayed at the Voyageur Motel for the first time At end of Sept and first of Oct.... I wanted to put up a review because there were some really bad reviews and I don't want people to be afraid to stay at this small motel...YES it is small, it is like the kind I used to stay in when I traveled when the kids were little...but the owner was kind, helpful and gave us good tips on places to eat..ALSO, the place was clean,t he sheets and bedding smelled clean and fresh...IF you want a place to lay your head and not interested in the high price of fancy hotels, this is a nice place to lay your head.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Patricia_5754
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The Motel hostess was very friendly and helpful. If you need to stay in Two Harbors and do not want to pay the high prices of other area inns, Voyaguer Motel is a good option. Our room was not air conditioned, but had fans and was very comfortable. I will try to stay there again next year on out way up to Ely.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
three hills
Reviewed 17 June 2010

the owner is a horrible lady to deal with i have never been so mad at someone in my whole life. I have a 3 month old baby I asked her repeatedly if the rooms were clean she told me over and over that it was a very nice place and very clean rooms. The place is a dump there were drunks all over the place it was so dirty i wanted to stay somewhere else so i asked to get my money back because the place was such a mess. i didn't want to stay there with my baby i didn't feel safe and it was NOT clean at all. She was a horrible person to try and deal with. You cant talk to her at all she is a vulgar person! she also tried to over charge us for the room i went online and seen the real prices of there rooms she is a money hungry witch!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank chrissy2109

Travellers are raving about these Two Harbors hotels

Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 May 2010

We found the Voyageur very clean and comfortable for a stay near the Split Rock Lighthouse. I especially liked that coffee is available in the office from 5 am. The office staff was cordial and recommended a local restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Moorhead
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Do NOT stay at this motel. The owner was VERY rude and unprofessional. She lost her temper for no apparent reason and showed absolutely disgusting and inappropriate behavior.

We had called to cancel our room for the evening and instead of politely stating the motels cancelation policy she immediately became rude, extremely unprofessional and short tempered. I then told her to hold the room and we would be there to check in. 45 minutes later we showed up to check into our room and she apparently gave the room away. With no place to stay that night, I became frustrated and reminded her I called to say we would be checking in. She continued to use foul language, rude hand gestures and inappropriate actions…all for NO REASON. I feel that a simple statement to me about their cancelation policy would have been sufficient. She was going to get paid regardless, but she chose to handle the situation in a very unprofessional and rude manner.

If you are looking for a cheap motel in the area there is one right next door which was fairly priced, with very friendly staff.

• Disliked — Rude, unprofessional, and short tempered
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kimberlyrae80
mouse777, owner at Voyageur Motel, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
This woman tried to cancel her reservation after 6 pm when the cancellation policy is the day before. She did know that because she cancelled another reservation the day before. I did not swear or use hand gestures, but I did call the police because I was concerned for my safety, as she was very irritated. Yes, I did rent the room to someone else, but she did not say that she was coming. I told her that since she cancelled so late, that I would charge her card "IF" I didn't rent it. I did rent her room and did not charge her card.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Two Harbors
Superior Shores Resort
Superior Shores Resort
#4 of 6 in Two Harbors
Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk

Been to Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!