“Comfortable, convenient, priced-right!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Two Harbors
Northfield, Minnesota
“Comfortable, convenient, priced-right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

We found the Voyageur very clean and comfortable for a stay near the Split Rock Lighthouse. I especially liked that coffee is available in the office from 5 am. The office staff was cordial and recommended a local restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Moorhead
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Do NOT stay at this motel. The owner was VERY rude and unprofessional. She lost her temper for no apparent reason and showed absolutely disgusting and inappropriate behavior.

We had called to cancel our room for the evening and instead of politely stating the motels cancelation policy she immediately became rude, extremely unprofessional and short tempered. I then told her to hold the room and we would be there to check in. 45 minutes later we showed up to check into our room and she apparently gave the room away. With no place to stay that night, I became frustrated and reminded her I called to say we would be checking in. She continued to use foul language, rude hand gestures and inappropriate actions…all for NO REASON. I feel that a simple statement to me about their cancelation policy would have been sufficient. She was going to get paid regardless, but she chose to handle the situation in a very unprofessional and rude manner.

If you are looking for a cheap motel in the area there is one right next door which was fairly priced, with very friendly staff.

• Disliked — Rude, unprofessional, and short tempered
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kimberlyrae80
mouse777, owner at Voyageur Motel, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
This woman tried to cancel her reservation after 6 pm when the cancellation policy is the day before. She did know that because she cancelled another reservation the day before. I did not swear or use hand gestures, but I did call the police because I was concerned for my safety, as she was very irritated. Yes, I did rent the room to someone else, but she did not say that she was coming. I told her that since she cancelled so late, that I would charge her card "IF" I didn't rent it. I did rent her room and did not charge her card.

Travellers are raving about these Two Harbors hotels

Superior Shores Resort
Superior Shores Resort
#4 of 6 in Two Harbors
Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk

Been to Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!