“Not as good as it used to be...”
Review of Judy's Cafe

Judy's Cafe
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We've been visitors to Two Harbors almost every summer for 30+ years, and have made Judy's a regular stop for about 15. It was a tradition to have at least 1 or 2 breakfasts there during our vacation and had never been disappointed. It is a little greasy spoon cafe, but the friendliness and food was always fantastic. We understand there was a change of ownership/management in the last few years. In 2011 we had noticed a definite difference for the worse. Then last year (2012) we brought our family in for our traditional last day of vacation breakfast at Judy's. What a mistake! We had 10 people eating, so the check and tip would have been sizable. Our waitress was surly and uninterested, which is probably what led to the problem. I placed my order in my turn, and everyone at the table heard what I ordered. When the waitress brought our food I politely informed her that mine was not what I had ordered as I handed it back to her. She plopped it back down in front of me and told me THAT is what I had ordered. She had the attitude that she could not possibly have made a mistake and I was going to eat it or else. I set the plate aside and ordered what I wanted again...and paid for both breakfasts. I have never seen such a lack of customer service in a restaurant, or such a pompous attitude from a server. Needless to say, we will not be going back to Judy's this summer or any other. What a sad ending to a family tradition.

2  Thank Dustbunny247

Reviewed 24 April 2013

If you like a cafe style breakfast that is affordable and tastes like home cookin', this is a great place to visit. It has become a tradition for us to go for breakfast at Judy's Cafe every Sunday after church. Some of the reviews said that they were disappointed in the dinner-type meals but I must say that the few things I had were great. Maybe just an off day. There menu offers a lot of choices and prices are very reasonable so if you are traveling to the North Shore for whatever reason around breakfast time, stop in and pay them a visit. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, nothing fancy but the service is very good! Steph A.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

The breakfast was wonderful we had Steak & Eggs and Cinnamon French Toast Combo. It was a lot of food and excellent. So we went back and tried it for dinner. That was a mistake, we ordered a French Dip and Hot Beef Dinner and were very disappointed. We couldn't even eat it. The beef was old dry and was like shoe leather on both the sandwich and dinner. The Au Jus had no flavor and the gravey tasted like flour with a drop of beef flavor. So skip dinner

Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you like hamburger that taste at best stale, then this is the place for you. I love local restaurants but this place was not worth the time. Over priced to boot.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My omelet was tasty, but my spouse's hash browns tasted just like Betty Crocker reconstituted potatoes. Service was so-so. W

1  Thank breadiva