“Great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rustic Inn Cafe

The Rustic Inn Cafe
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

On a scenic trip up the north shore we stopped to have some lunch. This is a busy place during the summer tourist season. You are greated by the fresh baked goods at the counter as you walk in which look delicious. The menu has a good variety of items and everything I saw come out of the kitchen looked very good. All of the meals have a nice presentation about them more than your typical roadside restaurant. I had the wild rice meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. The meatloaf was really good and the mashed potatoes are probably the best that I have ever had. I will be back for sure.

Visited August 2013

Rochester MN
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had breakfast at the Rustic Inn while vacationing on the North Shore -- I am a connoisseur of the breakfast sandwich and this was THE BEST I have ever had. Served on grilled ciabatta bread, everything perfect. My partner had "porridge", basically oatmeal/wild rice/cranberries . . . . wonderful. OJ was fair. Did not have coffee. Service was fine but it was 10AM, off season, so few diners.

Will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clive, Iowa
“The BEST blueberry pie you will ever eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

An essential part of any trip to the Minnesota North Shore is a stop for lunch or dinner at the Rustic Inn Cafe. Great comfort food including open face hot roast beef sandwich with REAL mashed potatoes - meat loaf - hamburgers - or fresh fish from Lake Superior! But the real star of the Rustic Inn are the home made pies! The blueberry pie I had was the BEST I had ever eaten. We bought whole apple, raspberry and blackberry pies to eat during our stay on Lake Superior and we're not disappointed with any of the pies - they were all wonderful! You will never eat another Betty's Pies after you have had one from the Rustic Inn!

Visited July 2013
Pebble Beach, California
“Great food during beautiful fall colors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I tried the Rustic inn for lunch as we were viewing the fall colors in NE Minnesota recently. I had the excellent smoked turkey sandwich on some unique bread (cranberry, wild rice, etc...) with the "still hot" kettle chips. My wife had the walleye fish cakes which were okay. The true highlight was the summer berry pie ala mode. Service was excellent and we took a few "chocolates" to go. Try the Haystack (coconut and dark chocolate)...it is excellent.

Visited October 2013
Fulda
“First time ever I left a restaurant thirsty and did not leave a tip.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The service was beyond terrible. We ordered an appetizer and as we always do initially held our lunch order for a while because so often the appetizer arrives at the same time dinner does if you don’t. Well after 20 minutes of nothing we thought it would be safe to put in our sandwich order. Big surprise the appetizer arrived 30 seconds before our sandwiches.

I might have been able to live with that had it not been a 45 minute wait to get them and had my hot lunch plate not been room temp and obviously sitting on a counter for quite some time. Both sandwitches were dry and had sat out for some time. Sad to say I was not able to do anything about it because the waitress never came to check on us.

It has potential with some interesting bread and dessert choices but overall the food was bad and the service the worse! Oh and we were there at 2 in the afternoon on a Monday so they are not at all busy.

• Visited October 2013