“OMG!”

Splashing Rock Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This place never disappoints! Amazing views of Lake Superior and the food is incredible. I recommend ordering the crab stuffed rainbow trout. One of the best meals I've ever enjoyed!

GrandSuperiorLodge, General Manager at Splashing Rock Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear lpashca,
I am so glad you found something you really enjoyed on our menu and even more thankful you took to Trip Advisor to share your experience. Please come try something off of our new summer seasonal menu that starts this week or just say hi!

Nick

“Relaxed, casual dining...extraordinary view...food is very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I usually don't eat at hotels or resorts, but the selection of good restaurants is lackluster on the North Shore. We always have a good view, good atmosphere and good food. We have been coming for 10 years.

We went for Mother's day brunch, wow was that ever a delicious experience. The staff made me feel very special and they didn't overserve.

The house dressing is fantastic and the spring roll with kimchee is stellar.

I highly recommend it. :)

• Visited June 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Delicious food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a late dinner. We were originally going to try the Rustic Inn but it was closed at a little after 8:00. We saw that the Splashing Rock Restaurant was still open. We were pleasantly surprised! The bartender/waitress was so friendly and had great recommendations regarding the menu. We tried the duck appetizers which were delicious (wished there had been a couple more!) For entrees, we enjoyed the apple brie chicken and trout with crab stuffing. Both were outstanding and very well presented. We would recommend this as a wonderful place for fine dining!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kelli W
cameron
“Great restaurant with a great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We enjoy eating at Splashing Rock restaurant. It is handy when staying at Grand Superior Lodge. The food is great and we feel reasonably priced. Great variety in the menu. Watching the hummingbirds is a plus....

Visited June 2014
Dear Karenskaar,
We truly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to share your experience. Hope to see you soon!

Hackensack, Minnesota
“Not the best on the shore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is great but the food leaves little to be desired. My husband had walleye, full of bones and very bland in flavor. I had the strudel. Doughy and full of onions. Would have loved another round of drinks but never had the opportunity because our server didn't stop back until we were ready to go. Not what we had hoped.

Dear Bethanneplattner,
I am sorry for the experience you had from a service and quality standpoint. Please know that we have made some changes in our staffing and our chef received your feedback. Also if you contact me at nick@grandsuperior.com I would like to make it up to you if you will give us another chance.