“Worst service ever!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Worst service ever!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Save your money and eat in Two Harbors.

Way over priced for the service you receive...waited 40 minutes for wine (got my food before my drink), soup came with the meal instead of before...never got bread and when we asked for a credit we got "well bread is just something we give out." Oh, but it's included in the price of my dinner???

Won't be back to restaurant or hotel...keep driving to Bluefin!!!

1 Thank Pam N
GrandSuperiorLodge, General Manager at Splashing Rock Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Pam N,
I apologize for the horrible service last Sunday, we clearly did not plan well or work as a team to take care of our customers that day and I am sorry. I would really like to make it up to you if you contact me at nick@grandsuperior.com I would love to make it worth your while to come back up. I can assure you we have made changes to address the issues and we have literally hundreds of happy guests since then. New menu and wonderful weather would be here waiting for you!

Sunbury, Pennsylvania
“Great food and lake view but service almost not there!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had great food both times we ate here-walleye and wild rice dishes and breakfast also very tasty, loved the lake views too. Our server both times was Cara, at the first meal she told us that she was" officially only one working" -- not sure what that meant but saw 2 other servers taking care of guests. She forgot to order our drinks so we had to flag down other server for drinks half way through meal, then she would disappear for very long periods of time, act very scattered when she was around. It took almost 90 minutes for a simple breakfast order so don't go there if you don't have that kind of time-not sure what her problem was but she needs some kind of help. Only reason we weren't as upset as we could have been was because the food was very good. There are other places in nearby Two Harbors that we would recommend-see other reviews.

Dear LaRee H,
Thank you for the positive comments on the food, we do get a lot of great feedback on breakfast. I am so sorry about the service last Sunday, we clearly did not anticipate how busy we were, and the AC was out so it was not a good day in the restaurant. Please feel free to contact me and I would like to do something for you; nick@grandsuperior.com .
Best wishes,
Andover, Minnesota
“Just average”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had dinner at the splashing rock restaurant on June 27, 2014. The salmon cooked on a plank was very good, cooked to perfection and very favorable. The broiled walleye was bland and not very appealing visually. The rice served with the meal was under seasoned. The vegetables served with the meal were over seasoned to the point of not being eatable - they stayed on the plate. The service was not good, servers seemed to be off elsewhere as they were seldom at the table and it took over 20 minutes for someone to take our drink order. It's a shame too because it took away from the beautiful view out of the restaurant and made what could of been a good dinning experience a far less than average one. We only rated this restaurant average due to the success in preparing the salmon, if not for that would of rated lower.

Dear Dave H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback as it is the only way to truly know how we are doing!
I am pleased you enjoyed the salmon and can only truly apologize for the service last Sunday, We know we did not properly staff for that day and by the time we could respond/adjust it was too late. We have done some things to ensure that does not happen again and I hope you will continue to dine with us, feel free to contact me here at the lodge if you have any other questions or comments.

Best wishes,
“OMG!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This place never disappoints! Amazing views of Lake Superior and the food is incredible. I recommend ordering the crab stuffed rainbow trout. One of the best meals I've ever enjoyed!

Dear lpashca,
I am so glad you found something you really enjoyed on our menu and even more thankful you took to Trip Advisor to share your experience. Please come try something off of our new summer seasonal menu that starts this week or just say hi!

Nick
“Relaxed, casual dining...extraordinary view...food is very good!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I usually don't eat at hotels or resorts, but the selection of good restaurants is lackluster on the North Shore. We always have a good view, good atmosphere and good food. We have been coming for 10 years.

We went for Mother's day brunch, wow was that ever a delicious experience. The staff made me feel very special and they didn't overserve.

The house dressing is fantastic and the spring roll with kimchee is stellar.

I highly recommend it. :)