“Excellent food and hospitality”

Earthwood Inn Motel
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Norwegian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Selected as "Hidden Food Gem of the Northshore". Local beers & food such as the Rajun Cajun 1/2 lb Hamburger, & Wild Caught Alaskan Cod Fish & Chips. Each hotel room is uniquely decorated for that outdoors' Northshore experience. Large outdoor deck allows views of Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake in the world.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We had the fish and chips. We also had a jalapeno pepper jack onion burger. Sooooooooo good! We had sides of coleslaw (homemade), beer battered fries, and an appetizer of broccoli bites. The cooks and waitress were very descriptive of how much greatness they put into their creations. Prices for drinks and food are very reasonable. The Earthword inn blew us away! I am writing this just as I have finished my plate! We are staying at the hotel as well and its North Shore feel is great.

1  Thank ty b

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great food, strong drinks, a restaurant full of friendly locals and the statue of Pierre, the voyager. What else would you want?

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My fiancee and I made the trip from Duluth to see the North Shore and decided to stop in for some food. To our unlike most Bar/Restaurants that we have been to the food was made with a lot of love and I was finding myself wanting to try more of the menu. We shared the Breaded mushrooms which were excellent and perfectly cooked and hit the spot. I ordered the Cajun Burger which was amazing with Cajun Spiced patty, topped with Andouille and pepperjack cheese. The thick sliced philly steak was amazing and I ended up finishing my ladies meal as well. The fries were the best but after all that we got a free sample of the best coleslaw I had ever tasted. great food and great people.

2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I visited the Earthwood Inn based on reviews we read on Trip Advisor. I was really looking forward to a great burger. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I ordered a Patty Melt, and while the 1/2 lb. size of the burger was impressive, it failed to deliver on flavor and moisture. The burger was very dry and dull. At roughly $10 a burger, I didn't feel the burgers hit the mark. I feel sad giving this review as the staff couldn't have been nicer. The building itself is run down with laminate tiles peeling off the footboard along the bar. The walls are covered in very pretty wood paneling and festooned with various Nascar clocks and signs. The extension off the back of the restaurant was drafty, but fun with a pool table and several dart boards. While the Earthwood will not win any design awards, I did think it was charming. It is popular with locals and the staff was incredibly nice. Great people. I was also happy to see that while they have Pepsi on tap, which I do not like, they offered Coke in cans.

2  Thank MsKate73
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The Earthwood Inn has incredible food and atmosphere. Great service, down to earth staff, great location. A lot of updates and remodeling done. VERY CLEAN!!! The burgers are THE BEST!!! You have to eat here if you are in the area. I highly recommend this restaurant.