“Scrumptious Pies”

Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We arrived for a late lunch and still had to wait 30 minutes to be seated. A large group came in after we did and they were able to order food and take it outside to sit at picnic tables. It was a beautiful day so wish we had done that. The reuben sandwiches were good but the pie was delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Be sure to stop at Betty's Pies. We had pie for breakfast at 10:00 and came back for lunch at 3:00. The pie was an attraction in itself and we all loved our meals - I ordered the pastee - where else can you order a pastee ( besides Butte, Montana?)
If you are traveling east on Hwy 61 pay attention to you right hand side, the location shows up quite suddenly an we past it and needed to turn around. Betty should place a road sign a out a half mile up the road to Slow Down for Betty's Pies!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We didn't pass by Betty's at meal time but couldn't pass up the opportunity for pie. Mom had banana cream and I got the Butterfinger pie. Good stuff! Never miss Betty's when we're Up North.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stopped at Betty's because my Finnish blood honed in on the pasties that were on the menu. I wasn't impressed with either the size or the quality of the pasty I ordered, but my husband and son did enjoy the broasted chicken. The bumbleberry pie was yummy and so was the toffee pie. If I did return, it wouldn't be for the pasties.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Betty's is just north of Two Harbors and is very popular with tourists. We ate lunch here during a vacation to the Duluth area. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated (pretty typical) and both had the 2-piece broasted chicken. The chicken was good, but my white/dark mix included a wing so small I could't believe it was being served. The real reason you come to Betty's is for pie. My wife had French Blueberry, while I had Bumbleberry, Great Lakes, and Blueberry/Peach. The blueberry pies weren't great--they were much too sweet and tasted like the blueberry pie filling you can buy at the local grocer. The Bumbleberry and Great Lakes pies, however, were excellent. They were tart (but not too much so) with a very well done crust. If you find yourself in the neighborhood, definitely stop here and get some pie. And, by the way, the cinnamon rolls (my spouse is a cinnamon roll snob) are fantastic here.