“Beautiful and romantic room”

Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Two Harbors
Reviewed 9 April 2011

My partner and I like to stay at a location up the shore every winter usually around my birthday in Feburary. We chose the Larsmont Cottages because it is located within 20 mins from Duluth yet outside of Two Harbors and right on Lake Superior. We stayed at one of the single lofts with a king size bed and beautiful fireplace. We had a great view of the lake, and we absolutely loved the jacuzzi tub and large bathroom with double sinks! We had a small kitchette perfect enough for just the two of us on our two night getaway. We only had dinners in the dining room due to the prices, which we had checked online before so we brought some food to compensate. One afternoon we made the short drive to Two Harbors and had lunch at one of the local Cafes.
Im not sure if we had the chefs on "off" nights but we werent completely satisfied by our food both nights, especially for the cost. We dine at fine restaurants in Duluth and Twin Cities often, and I had heard very good reviews of their food previous to our stay. There were some things that were absolutely delicous, yet a few items either didnt work with the dish or was overcooked. I was also slightly dissappointed by the' wines by the glass' selection.
Overall we really loved our room and would give the restaurant another try because, like I said, they have a good reputation and hope it was an 'off' time for the chefs.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 April 2011

We had a great stay at Larsmont. cottages The drive on the north store from Larsmont to Duluth is gorgeous. I thoughouly enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and fireplace. The decor is welcoming and home-like. The Ledge rock grill has great Walleye!
I would suggest staying in a cottage on Lake Superior. The shore line is only 20-30 feet from the cottage. Very peaceful!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 bedroom cottage on Lake Superior
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2011

It was our first time here, it was wonderful. We love the North Shore and have tried many resorts up the coast all the way to Lutsen. I try to find the best deal that includes room and food for a comfortable stay. Larsmont is very comfortable. It isn't as cheap as you can get at Lutsen Resort where you can stay in the lodge and have food for really reasonable, but this place has much more with the rooms and the shore, you don't need to go anywhere if you don't want to, it has it all! Highly recommend you try it. (The restaurant is also very good if you don't feel like cooking!)

Room Tip: Just ask when you call what specials they may hav.
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Our stay was wonderful. We have 3 children and stayed in a two bed room unit (#260). The view was fantastic and the unit was immaculate.

Only thing was the pool was chilly for my tastes.

1  Thank headleyw
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We had such a great stay at Larsmont Cottages! The staff was very friendly and made us feel right at home. The units are beautiful. They are spacious, clean and comfortable for a family. We spend many hours curled up on the couch with the fire going watching movies. The view of Lake Superior is fabulous and my kids could spend hours walking the rocks.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend getaway to the North Shore with three other couples. We stayed in a 3 bedrooom lakeview cottage. Overall, we were very impressed and very much enjoyed our stay. The kitchen is great and stocked with plenty of utensils, we never went out for a meal the entire weekend. Bedrooms (and baths) offered plenty of space and I especially enjoyed the jet tub. The bartender will bring you drinks to the sauna and outdoor hot tub, which we thought was awesome. I also received an hour long (relaxing) massage while listening to the waves crash. We felt at home all weekend! So much so, we are hoping to make this a yearly gathering spot. Thanks Larsmont!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I have been coming here since they opened in 2005. Either management has changed - or their focus has changed. They are not customer focused - very quick to say "no". With rates this high - they need to consider saying "yes" first. The Ledge Rock Grill used to be one of my favorite places to dine....the Cheff Todd has left - and you can tell. Poor food quality and poor selection. They have a great wine selection -- but last I checked, wine went WITH dinner. Dissapointing weekend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 31 in Duluth
Voyageur Motel
Voyageur Motel
#6 of 6 in Two Harbors

Been to Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior? Share your experiences!