“A nice getaway”

Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Two Harbors
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the suites in a cottage... balcony, fireplace, Jacuzzi tub... which was very cute and comfortable. We got a reasonable rate ($129/night) and were right on the lake. Unfortunately it was rainy and cold the whole time, so we didn't feel like walking to the main building for the outdoor hot tub (although it has a roof) or sauna. It seems that they have a lot of activities for kids and they're very willing to light one of the many outdoor fire pits (um, provided it's not pouring rain.) You can rent kayaks or bikes or hike nearby trails. Two Harbors is very close for a few groceries or restaurants. The restaurant on site has fantastic food, worth the highish price. The only down side was the late check in-- 4:30pm and checkout is 11am so we weren't actually there all that long.

Room Tip: If you stay on the lake, you can hear the waves, even without the windows open.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing time in our one room lake side cottage. We loved the full kitchen and grill. Lots of things to do nearby, but many options if you want to stay at Larsmont. The views are spectacular!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank embpkmn
Reviewed 10 June 2013

You should definitely stay here. It is corporate accommodations at its finest. They will light the fire so you can pretend to be camping. Use the coupon for the restaurant. Yes, please stay here and leave the charming mom and pops to the rest of us.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrenNn
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Cottages are very clean! Kitchens are stocked well for you to cook and grills are available! The restaurant has great food! Even offers a grass fed burger. Staff are very friendly and accommodating . The views of Lake Superior are breath taking. We have two little girls under four and they love the camp fires and smores! Truly a relaxing vacation for mom and dad and great family time with your kids. We even got to fly kites in the large grass area by the water!

Room Tip: If able to get a hot rock massage would really recommend it! It was amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at a lakeside cottage. Wonderful location. Close enough to Two Harbors to go into town for a breakfast at a cute townie joint. Cozy enough to never feel like leaving the resort if you did not feel like it. Restaurant on site for all meals. Had lunch and dinner there. Very good. All the staff I encountered were professional and sweet. Typical Midwestern-ers....just lovely. Borrowed DVDs from the lodge library to watch in my room. Had little balcony, had fridge, TV, DVD player, mini fridge, and grill. They will even bring dinner fixins' to your cottage if you want to grill your own dinner. Swam in the pool and the hot tube. They have a bonfire at night. Everything was clean and cozy. I was there when it was colder than they expected to be and was gray and drizzly outside. But I still really enjoyed my stay and the hot tube outside was great. They have a spa/massage cottage which I would have loved to had time to book a service but I ran out of time.

Room Tip: Get a lakeside room so you can see the water. On a nice night you can leave your sliding glass door...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Ok this is amazingly overdue but it has been a crazy busy first year of marriage and I just haven't had the time to do this review. Anyway, my husband and I got married here last June 9th and I thought that having our ceremony and reception in one spot would save a lot of headache and I would only have to work with Bev Weckman to organize everything, I was wrong.

Things that went wrong:

-I was given the wrong table sizes so none of the linens that I rented fit right on the tables. I went over this subject many times through email because it was important to me and they still didn’t get the right sizes.

-I had my flowers sent straight to the resort from Sam’s Club bulk floral and on the day they were supposed to arrive I went to the front desk and the girl went to look for them and told me that they were not in the cooler. They had no record of getting my flowers and when I called the floral department they looked up the shipping information and they told me the person who signed for my flowers earlier in the day at the resort. The front desk girl called that employee to find the flowers. Basically, this took up more than an hour of my time and was quite stressful for the day before my wedding. I was not pleased.

-They close the main hall somewhere around 8pm so we did not have a lot of time to set up the night before

-Through email I asked if I could come to taste some entrees on January 14th and if it was too little of notice. She replied “No, that would be just fine with me.” When my husband and I showed up on the 14th the chef had no idea about any of this and didn’t have time to talk to us.

-When the dinner finally came around, no one knew what was going on and Bev Weckman who I had thought was supposed to be our personal planner was waiting tables in the restaurant as well as working my reception. There was little to no guidance on how we were supposed to order or anything and drinks were not brought to the tables, my guests had to go out to the main room and get it themselves.

Now some good notes:

-Jake the maintenance guy was incredibly nice and took care of everything that we needed from him including turning on the A/C for the two cabins we had rented

-The location is beautiful and the pictures turned out amazing!

-The cabins were the perfect set up for a rehearsal dinner and the Southernmost cabin has a cute path that worked perfectly for my wedding aisle and was quite private.

Overall, I suggest getting married on the beach and having your reception at a different location that has more experience with weddings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Slelle30325
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I have 3 children; a teenager and two toddlers. Needless to say, we need time together to make it through it all. We came up from the cities for a quick romantic weekend away. We got massages and ate at the Chefs Table for dinner (best part of our stay! Writing a separate review for that!) The grounds are so nice and maintained very well, even after all the snow melting. Loved the fire pit outside the main lodge and the huge outdoor Jacuzzi is perfect. I loved the location of this resort in comparison to other popular resorts; only about a half hour out of Duluth. I truly can't complain about anything.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Lakeside Cottage Suite. The room size was perfect, bathroom was huge and the double...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 31 in Duluth
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#11 of 31 in Duluth

Been to Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior? Share your experiences!