“Great Stay for our Aniversary”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Two Harbors
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I stayed to celebrate our Aniversary in August. The room was great. The whirlpool was very relaxing. Bed was comfortable. The staff was helpful in recommending places to eat and things to do in the area.

My only complaint was that there was biscuits and gravy both Saturday and Sunday...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments after your recent stay at the AmericInn of Two Harbors, MN. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that it was up to your standards. We look forward to seeing up again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Spent $150 a night on the 2 room suite. No problem spending the money but was not worth it! Some of the furnishing are well ... lacking. This is not a suite! Clean the fireplace glass and do something with the sink area looks like a low budget motel 6. Jacuzzi tub was small and made noise, sofa bed sheets were not clean and mattress on it needs to be replaced. The noise from lobby area was terrible! I had to call the front desk and ask them to quiet down the people in the lobby as it was way after 10pm. Front desk clerk BRAD acted as if you are bothering him not only when I called the hotel because I was having an issue booking online but also when we stayed. Sorry but if you don't like dealing with people then find a new job. I as a paying guest should not have to deal with your attitude. Breakfast was OK at best. Waffle irons were broke so continental breakfast was what you got. Paid big money for "more" and got less, except for the attitude!!! I got the feeling that Americinn just does not give a crap about their guests. Would have asked for a refund but was afraid of the attitude I would have gotten.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me. I want to operate the best facility possible in this area and with feedback from you, our guests, I hopefully can make this happen. I want you to know that I have had the fireplace glass cleaned and replaced so future guests will be able to enjoy the unit. I am sorry it was missed and not taken care of prior to your arrival. I am also looking into replacing the mattress on the sofa beds in the rooms. They are only 4 years old, but they must not hold up as good as I thought. I want to apologize for the attitude of one of my staff; I want to assure you that I have addressed your concerns with him. Lastly I was not aware of both waffle irons being broken. I was aware one was and the company has since replaced it. There should always be another hot item available on the breakfast buffet. There should be a warmer that holds different options each day; eggs, ham, sausage, biscuits with gravy for examples. I apologize that your stay was not up to ours and your standards. If you would please contact me by phone or email, I would like to talk to you about a way to make this stay right for you. I do not want any of my guests to feel the way you must be about my hotel.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed 1 night in the 2 room suite as they call it. Suite it was not! Living room area is small to say the least and the sofa sleeper was the worst one I have ever slept on and I have slept on many as my husband is a loud snorer and we have to have seperate sleeping areas when staying at a hotel or seperate rooms if I want any sleep. Bathroom sink area looked like it was being help up by a 4x4 piece of wood and exposed piping to sink was very tacky looking. Bedroom fireplace glass was so dirty that we could barely see the fire and jacuzzi tub made a terrible girgle noise when filled and running. I have a jacuzzi tub at home and it doesn't sound that way. Didn't use the shower because when you turned on the hot water it made a loud high pitched noise. Ended up washing in jacuzzi tub instead. Fridge took almost 6 hrs to get cold and microwave was so small I couldn't get my to go box from dinner in it. King size bed was the only good thing in the room, very comfortable. The noise from the lobby was TERRIBLE I had to call the front desk at 11pm because I thought there was a party going on in the lobby and I could hear the 3 teenage boys down there over my TV. Hair in bathroom and jacuzzi. Only 1 waffle iron worked so I had to wait awhile for a waffle as a family of 4 decided to make 6 waffles before letting me get one, otherwise breakfast was OK. Room needs some serious redecorating before you can call it a Suite, especially at that price! What a disappointment!!! I'm not a fussy person but I expect to get what I pay for and this room is not cheap! I have stayed in rooms that are cheaper and offer less and have been very happy, but I got what I paid for and expected from those rooms/hotels. This room did not meet my expectations at all. Lower the price and call it a room, it's not a SUITE

Room Tip: Don't pay the high price for the suite, not worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay at my hotel. I want to share with you that I am looking into replacement mattresses for the sofa beds in the guest rooms. I have had maintenance replace the shower head in the room and tested to make sure that the high pitch sound has been taken care of. I want to apologize for that sound, it was bad. The glass on the fireplace has been pulled and cleaned so viewing is what you should expect. I am in the process of reviewing new furniture options with the ownership group for a new updated look. I am hoping to have these purchased and installed by the end of the year(the manufacture takes 3 months to produce the furniture). I want all of my guests to be satisfied with their stay, so if you could please contact me by phone or email, I would love to find out how I can make this situation better for you.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

My boyfriend and I recently went to Duluth for a long weekend after the school semester was done for a nice getaway. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there, the room was very clean and the bed were very comfortable. Normally hotel beds hurt my lower back but after 3 nights there my back was pain free. The breakfast that was provided for you was great! Definitely helped save on our budget not having to go get breakfast somewhere else. the pool and hot tub was perfect place to relax after coming in from the cold winter air. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will be back on our next trip to Duluth!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Thank you posting your possitive comments after your recent stay at the AmericInn of Two Harbors. I am glad we were up to your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We recently spent another long weeked in the Two Harbors/Duluth area. We had such a positive experience the last time we were there, that we decided to stay at the AmericInn in Two Harbors again. We would 100% recommend this hotel once again. The service was wonderful, staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. We enjoyed spending time relaxing in the pool & hot tub area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thanks again for your possitive response. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel with our dog so we were in a dog friendly room. The room smelled like dog and it obviously hadn't been vacuumed in a while. There was dog food, dog fur and other things on the floor. We've stayed at the AmericInn in Tofte, which was always clean, so we were surprised with this experience.

The bed was surprisingly clean and comfortable. Breakfast was an average hotel continental breakfast - nothing wonderful, nothing awful.

Dog owners might also like to know the dog walk area is a gravel parking lot where semi trucks were parked. It's not well lit at night so be sure to bring a flashlight if you want to wander away from the hotel entrance. There's a small bit of grass right next to the side of the hotel, although we weren't clear if that was part of the dog walk area or off limits. There wasn't a trash can nearby so you have to either throw your dog waste bag in the trash can in your room or walk to the main entrance (although from what we understood, dogs aren't supposed to be at that end of the property).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

I want to apologize for the condition of your room we thrive to give our guests clean and comfortable rooms. I have discussed your comments with my housekeeping department, so future guests won't have a negative experience. For future reference there is a dumpster in the back area and a trash can just outside of the back door that you can dispose of trash/waste. There is a trail that goes into the woods you can walk in the back of the parking lot as well that people walk their dogs on.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Two Harbors is a lovely destination on Lake Superior and an easy gateway to the Boundary Water Area of northern Minnesota. Americinn Two Harbors is a decent option in an area with limited accomodations. It's a little pricier than it should be, especially on the weekends. The complimentary breakfast is basic at best. Don't expect eggs (except hard boiled, refrigerated) or any kind of meat. You can make a waffle, have a roll, eat some fruit/cereal/yogurt. That's about it.
On the up side, there is a decent indoor heated pool, spa (though the jets are pretty weak), and sauna--complete with poolside towels. The room is clean and reasonably well kept; it also has a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker (dreadful coffe, however), but is otherwise indistinguishable from any other chain motel.
There is no elevator, so be sure to ask for the first floor if you can't handle the stairs. If you can handle the stairs, go for the second floor on the north side. It overlooks a cemetary, but if you can block that out, you will also have a peek at Lake Superior.
Bottom line: if your bar isn't set tremendously high, this place is OK. You might not like the weekend prices, however. They do offer AAA discounts. That helps!

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor, north side (overlooking the cemetary AND Lake Superior). Also, the l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan O
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at the AmericInn of Two Harbors, MN. Guest feedback is a great way to improve both our service and faciliy. In regards to your comments about our breakfast we have now added a breakfast meat and eggs to our menu along with other items. I would like to invite you back to give our breakfast a new try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Two Harbors
Cove Point Lodge
Cove Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Beaver Bay
Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors? Share your experiences!